The Sewing Place

Hello!

Ploshkin

Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
Welcome Lottie we'll soon have you doing all sorts of stuff you didn't know you wanted to do  :) (sewing that is, not extreme sports or anything).
For the record I'm a sister to Flobear.
Life's too short for ironing.

maliw

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2020, 10:36:18 AM »
Hello and welcome.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Catllar

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 21:09:05 PM »
Hi @Lottie  - whereabouts are you? Can you get to Granada - there's a few places there starting with Galerias Madrid and Retales al Peso. If you are near Seville then check out Ribes y Casals ( not in the town but on one of the industrial zones) and you could be gone some time! There's a Galerias Madrid in Seville too.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Surest1tch

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 02:12:12 AM »
Hi @Lottie, a belated welcome from me too.

Lottie

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2020, 06:59:49 AM »
Thank you everyone such a warm welcome!

@Ploshkin lovely to 'meet' you, I've met two of your sisters :) I guess you must be sis-in-Wales :)

@Catllar yes I can get to Granada, its about an hours drive and is our nearest city, so thanks for the tips! I have also found some good (and not too expensive shops) in Motril, about 45 minutes away. We have just had our travel restrictions lifted so am planning a shopping trip with a couple of friends.

@Lachica your description was very accurate - what is it with dark shops? I have had to almost go out the door to see colours clearly (and got looked at very suspiciously). And how can you buy fabric without touching it first? Some shops are great, some not so much!

But at the moment I don't have time to sew, it's olive harvesting time, and I will mostly be up ladders/in trees for the next few days. Off to the mill next week.
Sitting sewing in the sunshine

Lachica

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 07:26:18 AM »
@Lottie here's to a good harvest
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Flobear

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 09:18:28 AM »
@Lottie Are we going to see one of your creations as your avatar? If you're not ready  to start a diary or anything then it would give a little hint as to what you get up to. Or maybe a basket of olives  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
@Lottie we're practically neighbors!!! I live in Middle California to the southwest of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Small world isn't it?  :laughing:

I also dabble in the Darkside as well as the rest though not much of either recently. A bit of micro farming too, numerous fruit trees on our dinky plot.

Are your olives for oil or eating? OH got interested in home cured olives and made some fabulous ones. They turn amazing colors while they're being processed. I did salt cured Sicilian style ones that met the approval of old Italians in the area. We buy our olive oil from a grower about 4 miles from us. Their fresh pressed EVOO is incredible.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.  :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

b15erk

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2020, 11:06:02 AM »
Hello and welcome @Lottie !

Lovely to meet new members, but envious of your climate!

Grab a brew and a piece of cake and jump right in!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2020, 11:13:24 AM »
Hi @Lottie  I am indeed sis in Wales.  I'm also envious of your climate.  At the moment I'm grateful for any day it isn't raining - there haven't been many of them since August.  I look forward to seeing what you make.
Life's too short for ironing.