The Sewing Place

Wallet Attempt

William

Re: Wallet Attempt
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2020, 11:24:41 AM »
Hallo-

Well done!  :thumbsup:

mfG
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Bill

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2020, 14:53:11 PM »
Right!

I've finished my nephews wallets!
I'd hoped to embroider their names onto little tags to personalize them a bit more but failed spectacularly and using iron on prints with their names was also doomed.
Each wallet has its own little flaws here and there which drives me nuts. I say I'm a perfectionist whereas Pam says I'm just picky and grumpy  :P

Anyhoo, here they are...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Acorn

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2020, 14:55:38 PM »
Each wallet has its own little flaws here and there which drives me nuts. I say I'm a perfectionist whereas Pam says I'm just picky and grumpy  :P

That's what makes them unique, and shows that they are handmade.

They're brilliant.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2020, 16:58:08 PM »

I hear you! But as Acorn says, that's what makes them unique. The tiniest imperfection in my work screams at me, and I have to keep telling myself that nobody is really going to notice unless they scrutinise the item and know what to look for.

What matters is not how perfect the wallets are, it's that they were made with love. You could simply have bought a couple of wallets on-line, but you chose to craft them yourself. That is something that will stay with them always. (I still remember the wooden wheelbarrow one of my uncles made me nearly 50 years ago. When I told my aunt, she was delighted.)

Your nephews are fortunate to have such a wonderful uncle.

Bill

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2020, 18:15:12 PM »
Thanks folks. Hope the boys see them that way too  :laughing:
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2020, 18:37:38 PM »
Wonderful job.  It’s not easy working with leather.  I’m sure they’ll love them. 

@Mr Twingo my dad made my son some wooden cars and I think he’s still got them.  But I had forgotten the wooden wheelbarrow he made him too.  Thanks for reminding me.  Dad is no longer with us but I have things he made me too.  And a while ago my son had to build a wooden storage rack for their laundry room.  He said to me ‘ I think grandad would be proud of the way I’ve done this'.  I know he would!

RJR_38

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2020, 07:45:31 AM »
They look great and I am sure they will love them and the fact you have gone to so much effort.