The Sewing Place

Luminus lights

b15erk

Luminus lights
« on: December 11, 2020, 10:42:34 AM »
We did a trip to Costco last night, for various bits, and while overall I was disappointed with their offerings, I managed to get everything we needed - and I found a wonderful thing!!  :dance: :dance: :dance:

In the motoring/lighting section I found some lights.  Nothing life changing there, but 6 in a pack, rechargeable batteries, and meant for drawers and wardrobes.  I had an idea that I may be able to use them on my sewing machines...

Well, I've just tried one out on the Singer 611g, which has very poor lighting, and it is amazing!  Such a difference!  But that isn't the best bit.  These work automatically, with a sensor, or, manually with a little side switch.  Fitting is a small magnetic strip on top of the light which sticks to the machine, and just lifts off for re-charging which is done via a USB
lead two are provided.  The size is approx 7cmx2.5x1.25cm - very small, but very bright, and no weight to speak of.

I'm not sure how much they are, but about £12 for 6, and two chargers!  I think that is amazing value.

Guess who's doing the happy dance  :dance: :thumbsup: :dance:

(it doesn't take much!  :laughing:)

Jessie
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:48:55 AM by b15erk »
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Luminus lights
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
Glad you found something useful.  I bought a couple of these stick on led lights years ago.  They’re over my ironing board but useless.  You need to be inches from them to be any use.  Advertised for use in cupboards etc but I don’t think they’d be any good there

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 12:51:06 PM »
Wow - they're £26 for 6 on Amazon!!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 05:31:44 AM »
I've got one, about 8" long under the bathroom cabinet.  We can go in the bathroom at night without the loud clunk of the pull cord light and the sound of the extractor fan waking each other up.  It goes for ages between charges and was only a tenner.
Life's too short for ironing.