The Sewing Place

Sweatshirt - Burda 04/2020

dolcevita

Sweatshirt - Burda 04/2020
« on: December 13, 2020, 13:04:07 PM »
This project has been hanging around for a while waiting to be hemmed and I finally got around to it yesterday.
It's from April's Burda magazine and I used a soft jacquard knit (can't remember where from). The pattern has LOTS of ease and, for a pleasant change, I didn't need to grade out at the hips. It's a fun design, great for smart casual or just lounging around. Both the neckline and hemline are interesting and the high/low of the hem stops it from looking too voluminous. It's an easy sew, just needing a little care around the neckline.
Here it is.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ohsewsimple

Re: Sweatshirt - Burda 04/2020
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 13:46:05 PM »
Ooh nice.  Love the neckline.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 14:01:57 PM »
Good sweatshirt, I like the fabric. Jacquard jersey is a cosy choice! The neckline is a nice feature, with the broad neckband and front cut-out.

Flobear

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 14:03:31 PM »
Ooh, @dolcevita , that wasn't what I expected when I saw 'sweatshirt' in the title. Looks stylish and a little unusual  :thumbsup:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

dolcevita

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 14:11:52 PM »
Ooh, @dolcevita , that wasn't what I expected when I saw 'sweatshirt' in the title. Looks stylish and a little unusual  :thumbsup:

Thanks, all. @Flobear , those were my thoughts exactly when I saw it. I don't wear sweatshirts much so it was nice to find something a little different.

mudcat

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 03:47:27 AM »
I too was surprised when I saw it.  This seems an excellent pattern for nicer "sweatshirt" or French terry fabrics.  Or even a sweater knit.  Are those within the suggested fabrics by chance?  I rather like it.

dolcevita

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 10:57:59 AM »
I too was surprised when I saw it.  This seems an excellent pattern for nicer "sweatshirt" or French terry fabrics.  Or even a sweater knit.  Are those within the suggested fabrics by chance?  I rather like it.

French terry would be ideal. Burda's recommended fabrics are:
Sweatshirting, medium -heavyweight jersey fabrics. Use jersey fabrics only.

It only needs 1.5m so not too greedy on fabric, either.

charley

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 20:31:12 PM »
Yes, I like it too along with your fabric choice. I love the heline.

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »
I loved this @dolcevita , so I bought the pattern and made it!

The neckline is lovely, but there is indeed a lot of ease - 7 inches!  It does look nice though, and you can hide many mince pies under it...  :thumbsup:

Some adjustments will be made after Christmas, and I'll make another!  :thumbsup:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

dolcevita

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 09:42:38 AM »
I loved this @dolcevita , so I bought the pattern and made it!

The neckline is lovely, but there is indeed a lot of ease - 7 inches!  It does look nice though, and you can hide many mince pies under it...  :thumbsup:

Some adjustments will be made after Christmas, and I'll make another!  :thumbsup:

Jessie

I'm glad that you like yours, Jessie :D

I reckon I can fit the whole turkey and a few mince pies under mine. Now, where's that box of Quality Street?!

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 10:14:39 AM »
That’s very nice, it looks dressier than normal but very, very comfy.

jen

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 13:31:49 PM »
Nice! I like the neckline, whole thing looks more special than ‘sweatshirt’ implies.