The Sewing Place

Shirt in crazy fabric combo

jen

Shirt in crazy fabric combo
« on: December 15, 2020, 20:20:36 PM »
Just signalling that I’ve started making a shirt in fabric any sensible person would have left in stash. There are two fabrics each one in the devilish category which I’m attempting to make up as one, a kind of silvery grey chiffon mounted on a lightweight satin. I constructed the collar today. Don’t be too surprised if this thread goes oddly quiet, with no lovely pic in the offing.  :laughing:

Acorn

Re: Shirt in crazy fabric combo
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 21:30:22 PM »
Just make sure you do your breathing exercises...   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 07:22:54 AM »
We'd be happy with an unlovely pic  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »
OOOOoooo, is this one of the 'S***e' shirts which were doing the rounds a while ago?  Not my word btw, apparently that is what they are called.

I remember cutting one out of odd lace scraps some years ago, but I don't think it got sewed up.  :thinking:

Look forward to seeing your pics!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 14:14:56 PM »
Oh come on - we likes a challenge picture! So when it's done we can all say - wow that's amazing !!! :)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 15:22:30 PM »
@b15erk: I think the Shite shirts craze has died away and the site only has one sample.

jen

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 19:05:26 PM »
Not an intentionally SS, but it could well be a contender. I foresee some unexpected bagging in the frontal area  :laughing:

charley

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 20:27:27 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing it. Peculiar fabrics are great at any time.

jen

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 13:29:53 PM »
 Update. This is going almost too well if you know what I mean. Collar ready, no visible creases. Main pieces together, darts not showing any wrinkles. I’m scared to do any more and break this unexpected run of non events. (Pockets bound to go on wonky, will collar fit ? and yeah buttonholes, that should be hilarious.)

jen

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 10:35:12 AM »
Ok, so this slid off the front page into oblivion, but I return to mention that it actually worked out ok, but that I can’t stand to see it. Photo next year?  :laughing: Next project, anything simple in solid, slip free, opaque fabric with zero buttonholes. Maybe a cover for the Kenwood in quilter cotton or some such.