The Sewing Place

What have you bought?

b15erk

Re: What have you bought?
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »
I know Veg..... :(  but DD reminded me that baby bump will expect a Peter Rabbit next year, and baby bump has a baby cousin who would like one too....

No rest for busy fingers.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Roger

« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2017, 13:18:16 PM »
oh dear! I thought they were a no go area these days :)

Good luck!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

b15erk

« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2017, 14:27:11 PM »
Time has eased the pain Roger!  :)

No stitches have been cast on yet though ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Manuela

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2017, 00:34:58 AM »
My finger slipped and I bought those two fabrics (on sale) from Marcy Tilton's site....
On Tuesday the textile department of my school (all four of us) have an outing going fabric shopping to Sham Shui Po (Hong Kong's garment district). I hope we'll skip the Hawker's Bazaar, as me might start boiling in our own sweat in there (tin roof, no ventilation, scorching sunshine)... other than that, I'm really looking forward to it.

Surest1tch

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2017, 21:45:34 PM »
Those fabrics are fabulous Manuela, my finger twitches and slips too so I'm glad I'm not the only one  :devil:

Manuela

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2017, 00:53:40 AM »
The fabrics arrived today, and they are beautiful   :)
Earlier this week my colleagues and I went to Sham Shui Po (Hong Kong's garment district) and I found this Chanel like viscose tweed/boucle for £3.50 per meter

BrendaP

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2017, 17:50:09 PM »
I had finger slippage earlier this week, and the parcel from The Textile Centre arrived today and as usual all the pieces were measured generously.  0_0

Teal blue lace fabric with a gimp outline - described as "muted royal blue" but is the same teal blue colour as in the photo.

Stretchy velvet - I think they have sent the red instead of the purple, but at just over £4.00 a metre it's not worth the hasssle of complaining!  A long sleeved top probably but it's one of those fabrics which curls so needs a bit of thought as to how best to prevent that happening.

Pink and white craft cotton AKA summer dress fabric.

Stretchy jersey for a winter dress.

Plain "Barbie Pink" linen-viscose - a skirt, or possibly a jacket; we'll see what it's like after laundering.

All have been overlocked, three have been in the washing machine and on the line now, the lace has been hand washed (lots of excess dye, my hands are now blue!) and the black one is going round in the machine as I type.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Tamnymore

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2017, 18:40:28 PM »
Lovely fabrics, Manuela and Brenda. I just got an email from Abakhan about bargain Liberty fabrics and... errr... well you know what happened....  :devil:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

fajita

« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2017, 22:08:27 PM »
A few bits.
I didn't know I was going to Birmingham or I'd have saved my money. Maybe, ahem.

b15erk

« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2017, 22:32:52 PM »
Niiiice!

Jessie

BrendaP

« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2017, 22:37:13 PM »
A length of this which at last is just the right colour to go with my charity shop silk jacket
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

fajita

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »
Nice navy with orange flowers, polyester material. Feels like crepe. John Lewis, Bristol

b15erk

« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2017, 09:26:32 AM »
Just bought a piece of navy and orange myself Fajita.  Look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Yesterday I bought a bit of trim for a dress for Lilya, some yellow sparkly tulle (for my Belles), and a bit of nice Pirate jersey for Theo.

Jessie