The Sewing Place

Mask pouches

Lachica

Re: Mask pouches
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 17:01:34 PM »
@Lilian it's not tight on the nose. I will probably add a nose wire, I bought 100 of them last Spring. They are self adhesive but I've been stitching them into the s/a with a zig zag stitch.  Under the chin & next to ears it's snug. My original masks were tight but they rubbed my cheeks & exacerbated what was probably mild rosacea but is now very sore & I have an anti-mite cream prescribed
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 17:38:47 PM »
@Lilian  thanks for mentioning ironing the nose wires on. I just stuck mine down manually and they wash off in the washer, but have stuck back four times already.  I will try ironing one.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 17:44:34 PM »
For glasses fogging problems....
Have you tried a tissue folded up and put at the top of the nose area?   DH thought it worked well.  It’s all a bit of a faff isn’t it whatever you have to do. 

Lilian

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 18:11:14 PM »
@Lilian  thanks for mentioning ironing the nose wires on. I just stuck mine down manually and they wash off in the washer, but have stuck back four times already.  I will try ironing one.

The instructions I used said to very hot iron also on the other side of the fabric where the adhesive is.  Mine have stayed put even through washing.  It started to peel very slightly at the ends but when I tried to pull it off it ripped the fabric!  Probably my fault if I didn't iron the ends enough.  I only hand wash mine and then a very hot dry iron to kill any remaining germs.

Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 18:19:01 PM »
@Lachica that's a problem for you. Is there any other lining fabric you could try that is softer on your skin?
Willing but not always able :)

Lachica

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 19:22:09 PM »
@Lilian I use silk. Thanks for the hint @toileandtrouble ironing them on would save s lot of faff.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.