The Sewing Place

My next project I think Vogue V8888

K.H.

My next project I think Vogue V8888
« on: December 20, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »
I'm thinking of this as my next project in the new year, any hints, tips or advice? Or any pitfalls I need to avoid?

Fabric recomendations would be good, I'm thinking of something silky and black with roses for the robe and maybe picking up the colour of the roses for the nightie and PJ's.
Still learning!
My machine list: Toyota SPA34 and Janome Finesse 234 overlocker.

Gernella

Re: My next project I think Vogue V8888
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 14:39:14 PM »
I love this pattern, the dressing gown.  Made slight changes though after the first one.  Pockets in the side put them on the top (more room and not so fiddly) and in the back added extra fabric so I could make more room for the ties to go in (gives it more of a pleat in the back).

Other than those changes for me it is lovely to sew  something  without having to think (not hard for me).  Can't remember whether it says it or not but I did french seams as well.  I've already got my fabric for the next one.

First one I made I picked the wrong fabric yardage and it would have been too short.  I added a 6 inch double lining fabric all the way around and put some on the sleeves.  It worked that well I've continued adding it although a smaller band.

Safe to say I really love it.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

K.H.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 15:25:26 PM »
I'm very much still a beginner, I've just had to look up what a french seam is. Great idea, and not difficult I think. Thanks for the input.  :thumbsup:
Still learning!
My machine list: Toyota SPA34 and Janome Finesse 234 overlocker.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 17:19:29 PM »
The pattern looks good, very luxe!

Despite the allure of something satiny and slinky, I might opt for a quality cotton lawn. It would be more comfortable to wear, would wash better and......it would be a whole lot easier to sew.