The Sewing Place

Brother Innovis V5 Limited Edition - information needed

Goldenthreads

Brother Innovis V5 Limited Edition - information needed
« on: December 22, 2020, 16:05:20 PM »
I've decided to upgrade my sewing machine to allow me to make larger quilts and embellish them with embroidery.  After weeks (ney months) of research I have pre-ordered a Brother V5LE (from Frank Nutt) which seems to more than cover my needs.  Because of current world problems I may not receive it for months but in the meantime my husband is keen to build a sewing cabinet for it with airlift mechanism.  So, I need to know the overall dimensions of the machine eg length, depth and height for him to be able to draw up plans and cut apertures etc.  I have asked several retailers for dimensions but unless they have that machine in their shop they just don't know.  Even Brother couldn't help me! 

Does anyone have a Brother V5LE and could they kindly measure it for me?

I'm a newbie here and this is my first post.  Sorry to start with a request for help  :|

Thank you in anticipation.

Deafoldbat

Re: Brother Innovis V5 Limited Edition - information needed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 19:03:08 PM »
You could look at Horn cabinets and see what the dimensions of the various 'cut-outs' are. You can get inserts for these cut-outs made to fit round a specific model of sewing machine to give you a flat sewing surface, so a little research might give you an idea of what you need. The machine manufacturer' s website should give you some idea of the dimensions of the actual machine. Don't discourage DH but don't let him rush in too quickly - after all it would be a shame if his good intentions and hard work didn't earn him your undying gratitude! ;)

Goldenthreads

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 21:10:45 PM »
Thanks for you quick reply.  I've been looking at Horn cabinets, nice but sooo expensive.  However I might ask about ordering an insert for the Brother machine, which I will need anyway, that way we'll know what size aperture will be needed.  I definitely won't discourage DH but I sometimes have to rein in his enthusiasm a little.  He's been looking for a new project for after Christmas and it seems I, or my new machine, are to be it!   >:)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
I have the V3, but no idea if it's the same size, sorry!  I think you'd just want it on a flat table when using it for embroidery, as it's huge with the embroidery unit attached.  Total width of mine is 31.5", or 80cm in foreign.

fajita

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »
I think the v5 and v3 are the same size. I think I read that on the Facebook brother group https://m.facebook.com/groups/1186151531484016/

Goldenthreads

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 11:50:36 AM »
Wow, 31 1/2" that's big!!  Thanks for that measurement, it gives me an idea how much space I nèed to the left of the machine for the embroidery unit. The plan is for just the machine to lower into the cabinet when not in use as it will be living in my dining room.  I'll then attach the embroidery unit as and when I need to use it.  It's odd that shops don't specify the overall measurements of machines, and all Brother could tell me was the actual sewing space available.

Thank you for your replies  :)

SkoutSews

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 14:46:03 PM »
Have you tried asking the shop to give you the measurements? I'm sure they'd be happy to help, given that you have placed the order with them.

Goldenthreads

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 16:10:47 PM »
Have you tried asking the shop to give you the measurements? I'm sure they'd be happy to help, given that you have placed the order with them.

Yes I did.  They don't  have them, only the size of the sewing area.  They offered to measure one when they get them back in stock, but that may not be till March or April.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 17:07:49 PM »
@Goldenthreads  ....  From a girl on the Brother Faceache group who owns a V5 ...

I can't think that the dimensions are any different from the V5 - new colourway and the Upgrade Kit 1 installed mostly. The manual is available on the Brother website which has the dimensions

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 17:10:03 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Goldenthreads

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 18:11:59 PM »
That's  brilliant!  Just what I wanted.  Thank you so much.  Now why couldn't Brother have directed me to the manual??   DH will be pleased, it will give him something to do over Christmas rather than watching TV  >:)

Have a lovely Christmas  :toast:

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 23:19:39 PM »
That is the V5 dims .... but as the lady said the only real difference is the colour screen and upgrade ...

I too would think it would be the same ... the factory cranks out the same machine albeit with different specs.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again