The Sewing Place

StyleArc Sale!!

Acorn

StyleArc Sale!!
« on: December 25, 2020, 23:45:37 PM »
"OUR HUGE PDF PATTERN SALE STARTS NOW!

Get 30% off all PDF patterns at Style Arc website and our Etsy Store.

Use Code BUYALLTHEPDFS30 at checkout to claim your discount. 

Offer ends 1st January 2021. "

:D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Helen M

Re: StyleArc Sale!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
There is also a Patternsy printing offer to coincide with this sale that I saw on Instagram. This is the link which is also on the email. 
https://store.patternsy.com/STA-Pattern-upload-p273785995?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=SendGrid&utm_medium=email
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 13:38:37 PM »
PS to above:-

Can't see why you can't use previously purchased Style Arc patterns along with any newly bought ones with the Patternsy 30% off. Am off to check mine that I've not yet printed off!

mudcat

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 21:02:14 PM »
Darn.  I just bought two patterns last week that I had to have.  I'll see if there is anything else I need.  :thinking:

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 10:27:00 AM »
Had a last call email from SA about the offer ending Jan 1st. Have ordered one pattern but just wondering if they will change the Freebie for January tomorrow? I have another that I could fancy if I like the freebie........

Just need to get sorted for printing with Patternsy who have 30% off to tie in with offer.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 10:10:08 AM »
@Helen M yes they've changed the freebie to a nice cardi pattern and a dress. Worth a quick look.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 18:01:18 PM »
Well I acquired a couple of other things in the Style Arc sale (ahem!) and then decided I'd get a whole bunch of Style Arcs printed off by Patternsy given they had a 30% off printing offer. (I don't mind printing myself but it takes time as my printer is  getting increasingly temperamental with age (know the feeling) - DH always has to print some pages off that my printer just doesn't like). So the big bundle I've sent off to Patternsy does include loads of old Style Arc pdfs I've had hanging around. I just thought I would get them printed once and for all - works out at about £3 per pattern I think.

Well Su of Patternsy has emailed me several times today - New Years Day no less - first of all to point out that there were more pdfs than I'd said and did I want them all? Yes,  thats right - I can't count! And then to point out that I'd sent a couple as A4s and the offer is only on for the large page printing - so I've sent her the right ones now. I'm very impressed with the level of service so far. Not only is the poor woman working on New Year's Day - she is patiently trying to make sense of this dozy customer!!

Helen M

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 23:20:15 PM »
I didn't buy anymore but I did order some to be printed off yesterday and found them very helpful. Their new ordering page is a lot easier than the previous which always got the better of me!

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 12:45:29 PM »
I think I still find their website confusing but they are quick to sort things out and give you a final price so as long as you load up your pdfs it's fine.

I did go a bit mad with all my Style Arc pdfs but I realise I'll never use them if I don't get printed versions - given my temperamental printer and the faff of printing and sticking together a zillion A4 pages.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 10:38:15 AM »
I've just received my Style Arc patterns printed by Patternsy. What a great service! I ordered them on January 1st. Had a few emails from them on the 1st where they sorted out what I wanted and emailed me the final invoice. A Bank Holiday and weekend later and here they are on the 5th! They are printed out (in colour where colour was on the original) on good quality tissue (much better quality than Big 4 patterns tissue) and nicely machine folded. I now have a set of usable patterns as opposed to a set of pdfs looking at me reproachfully every time I switched on the computer. So thank you to @Helen M for suggesting Patternsy. I won't hesitate to use them again.

On thing though. It is a law of physics or something that once you unfold a pattern you will never be able to fold it flat again! Naturally, I yielded to the temptation of unfolding one of them to see how it looked - and then spent 10 minutes trying to fold it flat again - more or less succeeded. So no unfolding until ready to use!

Helen M

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 10:53:16 AM »
I ordered print offs as well, including a couple from other companies. They were dispatched yesterday so I'm expecting them later today. Glad you're happy with them!

Puzzler

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »
My only issue with the Patternsy tissue is that I would like to trace my pattern onto Swedish tracing paper to make it more stable. I preferred the lightweight paper used by Dotty Print and potentially others.