The Sewing Place

Contests and Sewalongs for 2021

Morzel

Re: Contests and Sewalongs for 2021
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 07:42:37 AM »
Ruthie, thank you for taking over the organisation of the challenges. I know there was a lot of time involved in coming up with the above list - it's much appreciated! I am sure there is something (or more than one challenge) for everyone willing to enter a sew-along.
Eva

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »
Only just seen this.  Nice selection.  Wonder if I’ll get round to doing anything.  Hopefully life will start to get better in a few months and we will all feel like doing something. 

@BrendaP i can get a tee shirt out of about 75cms of fabric.  But then I’m tight!   :laughing:

Puzzler

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 13:16:40 PM »

i can get a tee shirt out of about 75cms of fabric.  But then I’m tight!   :laughing:
l

Either that or you like your t-shirt tight  :D

Lyn-J

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 14:50:06 PM »
Thanks for organizing this @SewRuthieSews
Oooh! keeping fit, dunno about that!  :P

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 17:08:37 PM »
It's a great list and I want to join in!  :toast:

For the UFO sewalong, can I suggest we also include mending and alterations? All of the situations involve a partly-ready garment and some degree of fitting, and don't really fit into other contests or sewalongs as they're not brand new...

dyedinthewool

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 15:52:38 PM »
Some good challenges here. Open enough for a wide interpretation but not so open that I've no idea where to start!

I hope my sew-jo returns rather quickly so I can join in this year.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 16:53:40 PM »
Apologies for the delay in the two contests starting on 1st March.
There is a lot going on in my life right now (nothing bad) and it slipped my mind.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2021, 17:03:32 PM »
OK folks, here's Let's get Zippy

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 17:11:47 PM »

Catllar

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 16:38:17 PM »
Just had a quick look to remind myself of the other goodies lined up for this year and I see "Foliage" for May. What have I made today on the 21st April?

A top with a foliage print.

Do I have any more foliage print?

Course not.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2021, 07:48:48 AM »
Hey are the sewalongs on hiatus? I finally finished my Spring 3 piece collection so was coming to post it as inspiration on the Autumn 3 piece thread but there's nothing here!  :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 13:51:55 PM »
I see that September was due to be "first things" - I have the ideal entry for it as some may have already seen...

I know @SewRuthieSews has been very busy moving house, so needs a little leeway  :)

Iminei

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2021, 16:41:55 PM »
Yes unfortunately Sewruthiesews has been very tied up of late so please do excuse her ...

if anyone would like to host Septembers Lightside sewalong, please do pm me and we'll get it going.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 13:08:52 PM »
@cakeymcdoodle I've had a double house move in July/August/September, and only got internet access at the new house today.
OH and I are merging the contents of my old house and his apartment into a bungalow and as you can imagine there is flat pack and boxes everywhere.

There has been no sewing at all, and though I will have a sewing room here its just a pile of boxes at the moment.
@Iminei and @Bodgeitandscarper  thanks for the leeway!

Flobear

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2021, 20:27:01 PM »
I have offered to host a couple of sewalongs as we have a hiatus at the moment - 8 months since I moved house I'm now seeing the Forest of Dean wood and not just the trees whereas @SewRuthieSews is in the middle of several house moves!

As far as I can tell, the July sewalong - Awesome Accessories - got extended into August but I can't see that it ended there.
September was due to be 'First Things First' and October 'Scrapbusting' with 'Autumn 3 piece Clothing Collection' running alongside in Sept and Oct.

My inclination is to try and finish off Awesome Accessories soonish and leapfrog to 'Scrapbusting' for October. If anyone is in the midst of a 3-piece collection, I'm sure we'd like to view those too when they are completed with a special parade of loveliness.

Comment welcome - if I get too confused I'll just thcweam and thcweam until I'm thick  :boohoo: (Apols. to those who know nought of Richmal Crompton and 'Just William')

Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!