The Sewing Place

Colour blocked jumpers

Ellabella

Colour blocked jumpers
« on: December 30, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »
I am in the process of making similar colour blocked jumpers for my 3 grandkids.

Number one just needs sewing together, number two is up to the neckband and I’m looking for yarn for number three.

All the jumpers have the same blue yarn at the bottom, a variegated stripe and then a toning top stripe.

I’m using Aran weight but I have a lovely variegated yarn in a perfect colour range for number three but it is chunky.

I was thinking if I went down a needle size for the variegated stripe I might just get away with it without throwing things out too much,

Am I mad?  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

BrendaP

Re: Colour blocked jumpers
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »
You won't know unless you try!  You might need to go down two needle sizes though.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ellabella

Re: Colour blocked jumpers
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
You won't know unless you try!  You might need to go down two needle sizes though.

Brenda, I was hoping for a reply more along the lines of ‘Don’t worry Ellabella, it will be absolutely fine’.