The Sewing Place

Hare cushions

Nuttywife59

Hare cushions
« on: December 28, 2020, 22:41:21 PM »
I've done very little sewing over the past few months but did make a couple of cushions for a friend who vintage Alvis Car has a Standing Hare Mascot.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Couldn't find one standing but found this lovely design of a head.

Efemera

Re: Hare cushions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 15:24:28 PM »
Lovely...

Mr Twingo

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 16:50:08 PM »
Those are beautiful. I love the way the hares face each other.
 <3 <3 <3

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 17:14:52 PM »
Gorgeous! 

We were talking last night about making a list of things we wanted to do this year - do-able things come what may - and I said that I wanted to see a hare on the mountain again.  We drove up to the lake and guess what!  There was a hare crossing the road!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Nuttywife59

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 18:01:51 PM »
Years ago we used to go to a show on Wroughton Airfield and the highlight of the weekend was a drive around in the evening to watch the Hares.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 19:12:55 PM »
I've only seen hares when on holiday in Suffolk. Such beautiful creatures, I could spend hours watching them. For her birthday, I gave Mrs Twingo membership of the Hare Preservation Trust. It's terrible that our intensive farming is destroying their habitat.

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 19:34:43 PM »
There are several places locally where we can watch hares, especially in March when they are 'boxing' and chasing each other around. Lovely creatures.
Still learning