The Sewing Place

It's good to be home

justpottering

It's good to be home
« on: May 23, 2017, 20:45:45 PM »
You know what it's like when you have been away for a while, and probably had a nice time, but to get back home, to the familiar, friendly, wonderful place you call home is really, really nice - well that's what it feels like to become a member here!
I was a TSF'er and missed it terribly when it was lost, so I was over the moon to find The Sewing Place. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone's news and hopefully share a bit of my own.
I have been ridiculously busy for the last 18 months, so not much sewing done, but because sewing feeds my soul I knew I had to do something to remedy that, so I have given up some of the things that were keeping me away from sewing and am getting to know my new sewing machine and my sewing room once again. And now I have found TSP I feel better already
So glad to see so many friendly faces - I have missed you.
JP
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 20:48:36 PM by justpottering »
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Vegegrow

Re: It's good to be home
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 20:49:00 PM »
Hey justpottering good to see you... have a wander round  lots of new toys and familiar friends
:toast: :flower: <3 :thread: :sew: :cake: :gin:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 20:52:40 PM »
Welcome back justpottering, lots of old friends and some nice new ones.  :toast:

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 21:21:35 PM »
Glad you found us!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sewsuzie

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 21:38:30 PM »
Hi JP, glad you found us in our new home. Enjoy your sewing  :sew: :thread: :snip: :fabric: and a bit of relaxation  :toast:

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

twopence

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 21:51:19 PM »
Hi Justpottering, I was thinking about you and wondering if you would find us just the other day. 

justpottering

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 22:08:03 PM »
Twopence it took me a while at first I was looking every day but got so busy I hardly had time to turn the PC on for email let alone search for a new sewing forum soooo glad I looked on the weekend can't wait to get going again - nice to see you  :)
JP

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 22:19:01 PM »
Welvome JP!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 22:25:00 PM »
A big welcome from me to JP. Look forward to catching up.....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ravingdoll

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 22:46:40 PM »
And another one of my favourite ladies from TSF to catch up with! 

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 00:55:49 AM »
Welcome from me too :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »
And another welcome from me, glad you found us and our new playground.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Marniesews

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 18:07:58 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too.

It's nice to see the old names are still trickling in. I keep remembering things I read on TSF but then can't remember who posted them and on the odd occasion that I do, of course, they don't seem to be a member...unless they're like me and have changed their name.  :|
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

justpottering

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 19:56:48 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone, now I know I'm in the right place  :toast:
JP

crooknees

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 18:23:26 PM »
Good to have you with us again justpottering. We have been waiting for you :flower: :flower: :flower: