The Sewing Place

Greybird's grey jumper

Greybird

Greybird's grey jumper
« on: December 30, 2020, 11:13:29 AM »
This is my first completed garment since excavating my knitting machine from the murky depths of the garage. It has taken me a while to bring it back to life after so many years.

The yarn is lambswool which I have had for many years and I didn't know how far it would go. The third picture is what I have left! TIP: do not empty your waste basket until your garment is complete!
I had to unravel the tension square and all the false starts (of which there were several) in order to finish it. I even resorted to a few rows of a different colour inside the neck band which I hope looks as if it was intended.

I wanted it to be tunic length and actually it could have been a bit shorter, which is really annoying because then I would easily have had enough yarn!   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Kenora

Re: Greybird's grey jumper
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 11:17:14 AM »
It's lovely. I'm really quite jealous - I miss my knitting machines a lot even now, and it's more than 10 years since I sold them. :(

Have fun with yours! :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 11:19:39 AM »
Looks nice and cosy.  At least there’s very little waste. 

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 11:20:57 AM »
@Greybird that looks so warm and snuggly!  Bet you are glad you took the time to clean the machine!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 11:21:43 AM »
Well done!!  I had much less yarn than that left when I did a couple of jumpers for my grandson.  It was much like the smallest remains of a ball there in your pic - that was a very risky game of yarn chicken!

I need to start on my next cardigan, in fact I'm off now to knit a tension swatch.

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 12:38:03 PM »
Lovely jumper... DD has just taken the knitting machine that was under the bed...