The Sewing Place

A curtain

justpottering

A curtain
« on: December 30, 2020, 16:56:30 PM »
Our conservatory is off the sitting room, it has no doors and last year in the January February months we found it was cold. The opening doesn’t lend itself to putting doors on it either so I’ve made curtains for it well I’ve made one of the pair today
I had new curtains from the old house that I’d made one pair I shortened for the sitting room window the other pair were too short for the conservatory opening but the fabric I cut off the other pair when I shortened them was enough to lengthen them so I did
It took me most of the day to do one because I had to take off the header tape, unpick the lining far enough down to work with, cut and pattern match the curtain, add to the lining, measure and put the header tape back on phew!

They are very full so will be gathered when hung and you won’t even see the join I’m sure. Obviously I haven’t hung them yet but will do the other one tomorrow and we can hang them on the weekend when we take down the Christmas tree
Here are pics of my pattern matching which on the whole I’m quite pleased with
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Gernella

Re: A curtain
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 18:52:29 PM »
I bet you feel quite smug now that you've made do and mended.  Good job done.  The talents of we sewers is never-ending <3
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

twopence

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 19:52:32 PM »
Lovely fabric.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 21:03:43 PM »
Good pattern matching!

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 08:53:04 AM »
Pics when hung please!