The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place’s year-long UFO challenge - 01.01.2021 - 31.12.2021

dyedinthewool

Re: The Sewing Place’s year-long UFO challenge - 01.01.2021 - 31.12.2021
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 10:06:17 AM »
I don't want to even think about how many knitting/crochet UFOs I've got, so I'll stick to the 3 sewing ones!

1. two face masks
2. a McCall's blouse pattern that nearly defeated me with the placket.

I'm really quite a good girl when it comes to starting and finishing a sewing project, so I really don't have many outstanding things that I've actually started. I'm not counting the projects-in-waiting that have got fabric, notions, and pattern ready, but haven't actually been cut out yet!

whofilets

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 21:45:51 PM »
Even if that "mending" is gluing a loose chair leg. *

* note to self, order wood glue.

I also have a chair leg to mend! It's a big wingback armchair that lives in my sewing loft but won't be my sewing chair. I do want to mend the leg and then recover the whole thing, maybe in a nice neutral canvas.
Haven't ordered wood glue yet... Just ordered a sewing chair and a sewing machine, maybe I need to let my bank card cool off a little first!

Okay, I'm only jumping in at the end of April, but I just have a few UFOs:

1. tulip print dress. it's cut out and I own the lining, but I'm not sure I have the pattern anymore and can't remember what I cut. Maybe I can wing it, though.
2. flannel shirt for spouse. cut out, also lost the pattern, but I read on pattern review that the instructions aren't good anyways. Will probably try a craftsy class or an old blog sewalong.
3. finish at least one of my quilting bee block sets into a useable quilt.
4. I have this terrible lumpy rag rug project that I might as well finish into a terrible lumpy rag rug.
5. Sew the binding and hanging loop to my Legend of Zelda oven mitt. this is all it needs.

I do have a few sewing room projects in mind: a magnetic pin dish, a machine dust cover, hang up the peg boards, recover the ironing board, and the aforementioned armchair repairs.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 21:54:28 PM by whofilets »
US to UK, brought all the fabric and yarn with me

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 06:43:14 AM »
@whofilets thanks for the bumb. I still need that wood glue.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

realale

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 15:31:31 PM »
I've had a shirtwaist dress on my dressform for getting on for two years now.
All it needs to finish it is the already turned up hem to be sewn and buttons added.
But I fell out of love with the fabric and am not sure I'll wear it.
I also cut the skirt the wrong size so there is a bit of a codge job going on down either side of the button band.
I may get round to finishing that......
So many beers, so little time.

b15erk

@realale , I can beat that!  I've just finished the Bernina Shirtdress I started at least four years ago!  I cut two out, and wore one to a Christening about 4 years ago.

The second, I seem to have lost interest in, until it turned up last week, needing rather more doing to it than I thought. 

So, after drafting sleeves, and fitting them (original had no sleeves), finishing the yoke and placket, and drafting and fitting the colllar, I present to you - The Bernina ShirtDress!

I'll be wearing it today (if the leg tan looks OK), and I'll report back!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Elnnina

Jessie, well done on finishing this dress, now wear it with pride this afternoon and enjoy Theo's party.  With this heat your legs will soon be a lovely bronze.

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2021, 13:13:18 PM »
I've been pottering aimlessly for a few days now, and yesterday, I was looking for something else, and came across a rather nice looking top.

When I laid it on the ironing board, I realised that it was one I had made quite a few years ago, and all that was needed to finish, was a bit of binding finishing off...

So, I picked it up again this morning, unpicked the binding, re-tacked it.  Then to the machine.  Five minutes later, I have a very wearable top!

If I had to guess, I would say that this top has been waiting to be finished for 5 or 6 years... :|

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2021, 13:39:17 PM »
Very pretty, worth waiting all that time for @b15erk   ;)
Still learning

Elnnina

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2021, 15:35:41 PM »
Beautiful top Jessie, well worth finishing now enjoy wearing this.