The Sewing Place

McCalls 7967

Gernella

McCalls 7967
« on: December 31, 2020, 16:16:37 PM »
I've just boobed, I had this pattern saved, even though I have another pattern very similar that I've done and liked.  Anyway saw it around £2.09 subject to dollar exchange rate.  Bought, went to download and no AO size so I am stuck with A4.  I did say I would never go there, even worse than the Darkside for me. :S

I can see it never getting done although I do like the sleeves, I could use these.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

Re: McCalls 7967
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 17:40:28 PM »
Something 'dreadful' is not offering A0 prints.  It wants to modernise the market, but hasn't studied the best on the 'indie' scene.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 09:51:32 AM »
I've found a webpage last night that gives instructions for converting it to A0 @UttaRetch but lost the plot reading it other than you have to first convert to a jpg.  I'll have to go back later when my brains have sorted themselves out and perked up.

https://www.sewingandthings.com/blog/2018/how-to-convert-a-pdf-sewing-pattern-to-a-copy-shop-print-file/
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 07:49:56 AM »
That boggles my mind too.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 13:55:43 PM »
Boggles mine as well.  I even let the website access Google documents to get to my PDF (as suggested), but it still wouldn't let me insert. So buttocks to it @UttaRetch .  Money wasted unless of course some who prints A0 can find a way to convert for you.

I am totally surprised that they (Something Delightful) don't do it, and I didn't find out until I'd paid my pennies.

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 16:59:56 PM »
These lumbering, corporate beasts are slow to learn.  By the time Something 'dreadful' catches up with A0 printing, projector files will be the big thing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 17:21:06 PM »
Oh - a New Year sale. Will just have a very, very little look....... :devil: :devil:

But I know what you mean about A4s @Gernella . I have patiently stuck a lot of pages together and had good success with A4 patterns but my printer is too old and creaky (much like its owner really) to manage a big print run- why I've just sent off to get some Style Arcs printed for me.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 18:13:44 PM »
Yes well mine is a bit iffy @Tannymore, some days it works fine and churns out, another time I'm having to faff having the back off.  I would replace, only for a laser colour printer they are a bit pricey now.  The printer cartridge company keep ringing me up for me to reorder but however cheap, if I buy to lay by, sods law it will die and I will be stuck with them.

I heave a sigh of relief when it prints instructions off for an Indie pattern, and make sure I only print what I need.