The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place’s year-long stash-busting challenge - 01-01-2021 to 31-12-2021

Ann

I've sewn 2.3 meters so far this month and hope to have a day of cutting 1.3 meters of fabric tomorrow. I have a project that needs my attention as it requires a lot of quilting. I'd like to have it off the table by the end of the month. Then it's a quilt for DD's cat. I am looking forward to making it as it is going to be very simple - squares and a border or two. Nothing to purchase as I have it all in the stash. Hurrah for that.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

MitchOfTheNorth

I've picked up the pace of sewing.  In the last 3 weeks, I've made a nightie and a floral dolman t-shirt for myself, a teal t-shirt for DD2 and 5 masks for DD1.  I've got a new dolman t-shirt pattern pinned out.  That works out to another 8 meters of fabric used up.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters

realale

Hmmm, I haven't been doing too well these last few months. Mother's illness, death and funeral have certainly taken my sewing mojo away. Any sewing I have been doing is oddments using up scraps so I can't really claim any yardage. I've no real plans in the pipeline either.  ><
So many beers, so little time.

MitchOfTheNorth

Well, I really liked the new dolman pattern (Jalie 3352) - so, I cut out another 2 today - a blue ikat-type and a print of cranes and scarlet ibis.  As I've got a serious lack of clothing and I'm sick of doing laundry, I've kicked it into high gear.  I'm going to keep sewing while the mojo lasts.  Once I get these 2 done, I'll trace out a different pattern and if I like the first one, I'll make a few more.

@realale , the mojo will come back in it's own time.  While I was grieving, I had honestly forgotten how much I loved sewing.
Stashbusting 2022

Ann

I'm chugging along in the sewing room. I made DD's cat a quilt and used up 3.2 meters of fabric from the stash (batting included).

I have also tested 2 doll patterns and bound a dog's blanket/quilt I had made last month. This has been a good month for me. Totals at the end of the month.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

I didn't do the totals for August.

Sewn - 8.35 meters
Bought - 1.3 meters and it's all sewn up

Septembers totals

Sewn - 7.65 meters
Bought - 1.2 meters with .6 meters of it sewn up.

Year To Date

Sewn - 54 meters
Donated - 28.2 meters
Bought 15 meters of which there is 2.1 meters added to the stash.

This year I have bought the least amount of fabric ever and I've sewn most of it.
Stash Busting 2023

realale

Well, I made a start on my son's coat and used up 6m for the interlining!!
That's bumped my total up nicely to 19m. I'll take that  0_0
So many beers, so little time.

MitchOfTheNorth

Since my last post here, I've made another Jalie 3352 with a Halloween candy cotton lycra knit.  I've made both girls a Halloween t-shirt. DD1's is Jalie 3667 with a Hocus Pocus front panel, and purple and white back and sleeves.  I shortened the body length by 2 inches.  DD2's is a McCall's pattern with cereal killer fabric - bowls of cereal with blood splatter and a front panel of Mike Myers (Halloween).  I've made another Jalie 3667 for me with a Halloween print.  For the next ones, I'll shorten the sleeves a little.  I figure it's just more efficient to make multiples of the same pattern if I like it.
Stashbusting 2022

b15erk

Just finished a Kimono for GD, and realised that it definitely qualifies being on here.  This was made from the leftovers of a Second hand Duvet Set bought from FB.  There was absolutely loads of fabric in it, and I bought it about 3/4 years ago because I loved the colours.  I've already made a dressing gown for DD, and now Lilya can be mini-mummy.

I've still got a little left, which may end up being nightwear of some description - depends what fits.

So, Lilya's Kimono approx 2mtrs.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

MitchOfTheNorth

@b15erk , I love the kimono.  I've finished off another Halloween t-shirt - this one co-ordinates with DD2's.  But I have Jason (of Friday the 13th) on the front and a little quote on the back - "I just stepped on a cornflake I guess that makes me a cereal killer".  So, another 2 meters of fabric has transitioned from my sewing room to my dresser.  It's like caterpillars becoming butterflies.
Stashbusting 2022

Ann

@b15erk, love the kimono.

I had a busy month. I sewed 10.5 meters of fabric up but I bought 9.5 meters. Some was needed for October's projects and a bit is sitting on the stash shelf. There is a piece to make DGS a pair of pajama pants for Xmas, a piece for a quilt for the cat, and broadcloth for doll clothes. I use quite a bit of white broadcloth when sewing for the dolls.

I need to finish a bag for DSIL for his electronic items that he takes to work. I started it in October but had to set it aside due to Halloween, a reaction to the flu shot that left me aching all over for 3 days, and a test pattern that had to be done. I hope to get back to it today. It should only take 2 afternoons to finish as the piping is done.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

December - 5.9 meters sewn and 4 meters bought for quilts.

I didn't do too bad in 2021.

Total Fabric Sewn - 72.4 meters

Total Fabric Bought - 31.5 meters

I am working on my goals for 2022 and, once I finish making masks, will be cleaning the sewing room and starting on my to do list I've written and rewritten.
Stash Busting 2023