The Sewing Place

NewLook 6107

b15erk

NewLook 6107
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:17:51 AM »
This project was started because I had a failed mail order delivery - failed because of the delivery charge - over £36!!

I chose this pattern, as it will be easily hacked to replace two of the tops I was going to order - with no delivery charge!

This first iteration I did to check fit etc as the pattern only goes up to size 40 bust and I'm slightly larger.  :S

Made from some unknown voiley type fabric, which behaved quite well, I quite like how it's turned out.  The tie neck (I did view A) was a bit fiddly, as were the cuffs, but neither will be repeated next time.

I added a half inch to each side seam, and didn't put darts in just yet, and the fit is good.

I will be using the pattern again, but hacking it about a bit.

Jessie

eta, I did a lined yoke using the burrito method as I thought it looked neater.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

Re: NewLook 6107
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:40:18 AM »
Nice top @b15erk

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 12:01:35 PM »
Very nice @b15erk! I had that pattern but I must have discarded it as I was looking through my box of non download patterns just yesterday.  :thinking:
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »
Oooh thanks so much @b15erk  !  I was going to post a question asking what to do with the mound of voiles I seem to have accumulated - I have this pattern all traced and altered ready to go, hooray!  Thank you, thank you!   :hug:

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 13:01:16 PM »
I did this year last year @b15erk  I boobed with the skirt, not much stretch in the fabric so a tad tight.  My 'dingies' that were used for the buttonholes were rubbish so I took out and went for buttonholes.  The very short sleeve I liked, apart from the fact that there was only a very small  turnup (View B).  It might look better with more 'flexible' fabric.

Otherwise I liked it and will do again. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 14:02:31 PM »
That's very pretty @b15erk . love the fabric, what colour will you wear with it?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 14:17:32 PM »
I bought new trousers before Christmas, one black pair with slim legs and a rather more jeansy (but not) DKNY pair black with some blue in them, I think both will do.

I had also considered a dark mauve, as the grey has a slight mauve tinge - but I have none in my stash, and I'm still working from the stash.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

dolcevita

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 14:30:37 PM »
Pretty! A very 'Jessie' top  :D

Lilian

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 21:09:02 PM »
That is lovely @b15erk   :) I think I made this one a couple of years ago and had a problem with the sleeves.  It is still unfinished and needs buttons too.
Willing but not always able :)

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 22:49:32 PM »
Looks great @b15erk . Very nicely made!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ploshkin

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 07:58:41 AM »
Thats a pattern I've used too. I made a cap sleeve one but found The front plunged too much for me.  I did wear it but tried not to bend over  :)  I made it with cotton fabric bit it looks as if your softer fabric suits the pattern much better
Life's too short for ironing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
Oh that's lovely. I have this pattern too and was looking fairly recently at it and wondering if I could make it work for me.

Morgan

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 13:42:08 PM »
It's a lovely top Jessie.

I've made up the pattern 3 of times (first to try the pattern then 2 adapted to wear) - without the bow, and as usual did a bit of my own thing.  (raised the top of the V a bit, which alters the neckline shape a little but doesn't affect the bound edge, and extended the placket behind the button loops at both top and bottom as I felt it was a little short.)
It's really nice as a sleeveless summer blouse.

This is my review on PR on the first tryout of the pattern

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 20:56:49 PM by Morgan »

b15erk

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 13:54:33 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words.  Have to say, it's quite a nice top, but Morgan is right the under placket does seem a bit short, and the last button is right at the edge.

Now that I know how it fits and what bits I need to change, I'll be making other versions.

Jessie

maliw

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 15:45:03 PM »
I like the "Abandon hope all ye who enter here", I can think of a few interpretations but hope it doesn't refer to a sewing room. :laughing:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula