The Sewing Place

Want some Freebies?

b15erk

Want some Freebies?
« on: May 12, 2017, 15:59:47 PM »
A nice selection of patterns I found while looking for something else.

They're from the GBSB, but I don't know which series.  I've just downloaded the capri pants, baby dungarees, and a sleeveless shell top.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotions/great-british-sewing-bee/11486452/patterns.html

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

rowe1311

Re: Want some Freebies?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 20:20:59 PM »
Thanks, I have downloaded the shift dress and shell top.  I have ordered a copy of the book from the library, hoping the pattern pieces might still be in it to save me printing them off, but that might be wishful thinking! 

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 14:29:08 PM »
Are there any pictures of these? I clicked on the link and just get the pattern pieces - so what am I doing wrong?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 14:45:12 PM »
No pictures, Catllar.  How the hell are you supposed to know what you are getting? :devil:

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 16:30:08 PM »
My thoughts perzackerly! :\
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »
Apologies, sorry, mea culpa, my bad!  :(

I sort of assumed, (daft thing to do really), that there would be pics, or line drawings, or well, something, to give a clue as to what we are making.

I know there are some pics on Google, but which is which, I don't know how we are supposed to know.

I will do several hours sewing as penance.   :)

Sorry for the goose chase.....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

jen

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »
The download looks well organised, but I would prefer to have seen some line drawings in the original article.

Zigzag

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 17:53:25 PM »
W.H.Smith have good reductions on the GBSB books with patterns included.