The Sewing Place

From Slanket to Sluddie

Sandra

From Slanket to Sluddie
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:58:38 PM »
I've mentioned recently that my daughter has a slanket and as much as she likes it, she would prefer it if it was more of a hoodie. The length of the slanket, dragging on the floor, annoys her.

This is following on from Lowena's Oodie. I asked my daughter if she'd seen them...yes she has  :thumbsup:... and it's reminded her  ><  that I'd said I'd have a look at the slanket for her.
She asked me last Spring, so it's about time I did it.

She gave me her (current) favourite hoodie for general size/length and I've done it (very) roughly to this.
She wanted it as a shorter length, which is a good job because there wouldn't have been enough fabric to cut it any longer than it is.

She has no idea I've done this. She hasn't come downstairs yet.  :)

It's been mainly overlocked together. It's a bit shoddy around the neckline but who cares...not me. I found a large piece of grey jersey in my scrap bags to line the hood with.
She wanted the sleeves to remain as wide as they are but said she might want elastic at the cuffs so that might change.

So this is now going to be known as a sluddie....slanket/hoodie = sloodie?/sluddie.

Sandra.
xxx

Sandra

Re: From Slanket to Sluddie
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 19:29:43 PM »
She loves it!
The sleeves have been cut shorter and I've put some elastic through the cuffs.  :thumbsup:

Sandra.
xxx

Clareew

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 19:36:54 PM »
I made Billie hooded wearable blankets from the free pattern on Do It Better Yourself.  They have gone down so well that the 3 recipients - all working from home - have not taken them off.

Billie
https://doitbetteryourself.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Billie-Adult-Wearable-Blanket-Sewing-Pattern-No-Watermark.jpg
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 19:38:56 PM by Clareew »

Morzel

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 10:48:42 AM »
@Sandra the hoodie is great! My daughter also wants her sweatshirts to be short and wide - seems to be the fashion, I guess (not that I would know). Glad your daughter liked the shirt.
Eva

Sandra

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 10:56:25 AM »
Thank you.  :)
She's worn it a lot and said she actually went to bed in it the other night because she was so comfortable and she didn't want to take it off to get changed.  0_0

Sandra.
xxx

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 11:21:36 AM »
I couldn't possibly entertain any of these, they have such ugly names  :o  In the same way, I would not have a pair of jeggings  :x in the house!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 12:08:42 PM »
A slanket always makes me laugh.  When DH first got his own lorry he bought himself a sleeping bag and went off for his first overnight trip.  I arrived home from work to find his sleeping bag still in the kitchen.  It was a cold night and all he could find in the nearest services was a slanket.  He spent a chilly night wearing his padded jacket with his legs in the sleeves of the slanket.  We still have a giggle about it now.
Life's too short for ironing.