The Sewing Place

Greetings from Romania :)

Lowena

Re: Greetings from Romania :)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:06 AM »
Thank you all! :) I'm so happy to receive such a warm welcome.
Lowena, that's awesome! I have some relatives there, but I live a bit more to the north (about 700km more  :D). I do hope you liked it, though it's not exactly a wonderful country :)

I really enjoyed Romania Jo and would love to go back and explore further. I was there ( twice ) for a work project ( I was in education ) mainly in Craiova, the countryside around it and up to the bit where you overlook Bulgaria. I did go to Bucharest but only for a flying visit. The people were lovely and the flats we stayed in...and the food, were.......interesting  :D I was there one October and saw the first snow of the year and again one June when it was stinking hot  :o It's a few years ago now ( late 90s, early 00s I think ) but I'll get back there one day  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Jo

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 12:13:08 PM »
Thank you all for the welcomes :)
I must admit, you are such a friendly bunch! :toast:
Lowena, if you ever get the chance to come here again, put Brasov and Sibiu on your "to visit" list. They are wonderful medieval cities, with a lot of history and places to visit.

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
Thanks Jo, I've noted them. I'll definitely be back  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

lakaribane

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 19:08:56 PM »

though it's not exactly a wonderful country :)

I think we are going to have to compare notes,  0_0

I'm new here too, same situation: nobody sews. I saw a documentary on the used clothing market here. Both the local tailor and seamstress interviewed said they mostly do alterations on RTW now.  :'(

crooknees

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 18:18:50 PM »
Welcome from me too Jo. This is the place to relax among friends who sew.  :flower: