The Sewing Place

Different sized blocks - what to do?

Sandra

Re: Different sized blocks - what to do?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2021, 18:23:11 PM »
@Catllar  Do you mean this one....?

I had it in several colourways but I bought it yonks ago so I don't expect it would be that easy to track any more down.  :(

Sandra.
xxx

SingingSinger

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2021, 19:13:31 PM »
@Catllar I was about to say, I don't know as it was gifted to me. Now I know who it was gifted by! @Sandra
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Sheilago

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2021, 08:38:08 AM »
Inspired by @SingingSinger , I got all my unused blocks out at the weekend and chose some mainly blue/ green ones to fit together into a child sized quilt.I’ve got my animal quilt to post to Project Linus,so I thought I could also send this one at the same time. I’ve been really enjoying sorting out what to use and adding sashing to get the blocks to fit. I’ve got some polyester wadding lurking somewhere, which I’ll use up and some cotton sheeting for the back. I just need to decide if I make another one with the remaining leftovers :thinking: Will post a picture when it’s done.

SingingSinger

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2021, 19:45:31 PM »
I'll look forward to seeing yours @Sheilago. I'm not sure I've ever inspired anyone before!  0_0
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Sheilago

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2021, 21:17:09 PM »
Finished the binding tonight- so here’s my mismatched block quilt. It was very satisfying to put so many left over blocks to use.
The yellow and grey star block was one I made many years ago  for the star block swap and decided it wasn’t good enough to send to whoever had the grey yellow colour scheme.
 I also have a little crib sized flannel quilt made from leftover bits of flannel and minky, which I’ll probably send to PL too, once I’ve checked they take tiny ones locally.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 21:19:45 PM by Sheilago »

SingingSinger

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2021, 21:24:34 PM »
I love it! It's so interesting to look at and great colours  :D

Lilian

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2021, 18:29:10 PM »
I love it too @Sheilago it's one of those that every time you look at it you spot something else.  Very nicely done  :loveit:
Willing but not always able :)

SingingSinger

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 20:54:38 PM »
it's one of those that every time you look at it you spot something else. 

Exactly that! You can imagine a child loving this quilt, looking out for the bird, the car, the little house ... <3

Sheilago

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2021, 15:17:47 PM »
Thanks all - just posted them off this afternoon to PL in Perth.Had a look at the rest of my unused blocks. There are not quite enough ( yet! ) to make another mismatched quilt, but I look forward to having another go when I do. Really enjoyed this wee project. :D