The Sewing Place

Linton Tweeds twice weekly new fabric releases

UttaRetch

Linton Tweeds twice weekly new fabric releases
« on: January 21, 2021, 08:35:15 AM »
Read about this on Pattern review.  These are limited run fabrics, so you need to be quick.

Efemera

Re: Linton Tweeds twice weekly new fabric releases
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:38:39 AM »
I’ve got a box full of Linton Tweed fabrics... had them for over 10 years. I have no idea what to make with them.

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 10:13:58 AM »
Thanks @UttaRetch   they are beautiful but expensive, I could just about afford 1 metre for a pencil skirt.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 10:17:55 AM »
A boxful @Efemera that's a small fortune. 

Shopping there is like going to the Vets, you always know it's going to cost a lot.  Gorgeous fabrics though.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 11:39:41 AM »
I love these fabrics. They’re just what I need to go with my new Couture Tailoring book.   :thumbsup:
But where am I going to wear anything like that for several months!   :thinking:

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 12:55:48 PM »
I’ve also got a two meter length hanging up somewhere, I’ve had it for around 30 years...it’s beautiful and was made for Chanel
I’ll never ever wear something like that ... I should sell it

maliw

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 13:48:24 PM »
I've had a piece for years to make a Chanel style jacket but I keep putting it off and I'm not sure where the fabric is now :thinking:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Sewingsue

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 15:14:27 PM »
I've had a piece for years to make a Chanel style jacket but I keep putting it off and I'm not sure where the fabric is now :thinking:
Snap
Except I know exactly where my piece is.
Many years ago Linton used to have a stand at a craft show I went to and they sold cut lengths.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.