The Sewing Place

Inauguration coats

BriarRose

Re: Inauguration coats
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2021, 18:27:40 PM »
And she colour blocks ... one colour, head to toe so she stands out in a crowd ... Shes only 5 ft nothing I believe.

5'4". I did not, of course, look up her weight. THAT would be rude.  ;)
It's just fabric. We can out-think it.

charley

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2021, 20:56:07 PM »
Oh my days :[  AW and MT in the same dress. I wonder how AW feels about it  :laughing:

Greybird

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2021, 22:44:16 PM »
That's probably why she looks so miserable.

jen

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 12:34:28 PM »
I didn’t like the kaftan, but Melania has always got bad press and criticism over her outfits, not in my view fairly. The USA has been lucky with First Ladies imo. Just think what a car crash it might have been.

UttaRetch

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 17:11:37 PM »
Mrs Obama and Mrs Trump had great first lady wardrobes, although I thought Mrs Trump was overly fond of sky high heels.  Mrs Clinton didn't care about fashion and didn't try to compete with anyone. 

Tiggy

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2021, 18:59:28 PM »
In just a passing image on the news tonight, I spotted a cream coat with what looked like embroidery around the hemline.  I only saw the back, so I am not sure who wore it.  I would dearly love to see it in more detail.

It was worn by Jill Biden for the evening celebration.  There was a matching dress with embroidered tulle sleeves and shoulders.

It gave me masses of inspiration for my Mother of the Bride outfit next January, lol
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Ann

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2021, 21:45:39 PM »
@datcat23, I saw a few pictures of the dress and coat and it was lovely. The embroidery was flowers from each state and territories in the US. What I loved what the inscription on the inside by Benjamin Franklin. My mantra as an educator:

Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn.

Here is a great article on the white outfit
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

PollyWally

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 01:52:22 AM »
I actually liked Melania's kaftan, she looked like she was off to enjoy a holiday in the sun. I prefer the sleeves on her dress to the cuffs on Anna Wintour's.