The Sewing Place

Help! Looking for a boys Blazer Pattern

b15erk

Help! Looking for a boys Blazer Pattern
« on: January 26, 2021, 19:41:24 PM »
I'm looking to make a blazer for Theo age3 shortly.  He wants to be Bert from Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews version).

I've found a Burda pattern I like, but it only starts at age 8.  :S  I looked further at pdf's to download, and quite frankly, they don't look up to much.  The last one I looked at was a Melly Sews one, and like the others I was put off by the poor finish, and the lack of thought to the scale of the jacket eg the lapels look too big for the poor little boy...

So, if anyone can suggest a pattern for a simple boys blazer age 4+ I would be very grateful.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

StitchinTime

Re: Help! Looking for a boys Blazer Pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 20:36:27 PM »

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »
@StitchinTime , thank you so much for those,  they are both lovely patterns, and perfect for what I want.  I was looking for a PDF though, to avoid having to trace...

Theo is growing so quickly, that he now wears age 5 clothes - hardly surprising as his dad is 6'6"!

I think though, I may bite the bullet and buy one, as they are both equally as nice as the Burda Pattern.

Thanks again!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

sleepingwolf

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 16:31:26 PM »
I know you said you prefer not to trace but if you are going to trace a Big4 pattern any way have you considered Ottobre Kids Magazine.  Back issues cost about the same as an envelope pattern but as a bonus you get alot of other children's patterns as well.  The 06/2014 and 06/2018 issues both have boys blazer patterns.  You can take a look HERE

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 10:34:27 AM »
@sleepingwolf , thank you for reminding me about Ottobre patterns.  I do use them, but the ones I have are more casual than I would like.  I will certainly be using them for other projects - their pyjama patterns for the children are great.

In the meantime, I looked again at the Burda pattern, and found that they do a version of it in a smaller size.

So, I bought it, and it's on the ironing board waiting to be stuck together.  I will be making a toile, and if it doesn't work out, I know I have other patterns to go to.

Now to go in search of the lost fabric...

Thank you both!

Jessie