Very nice, can’t beat a new pattern.

Ohsewsimple

Re: The Worsley Wallet
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 21:05:50 PM »
Nice job! 

Lachica

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 22:12:38 PM »
That's lovely. Something else I'd like to try making.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

RJR_38

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 06:47:58 AM »
It looks great! And now you have the standard version under your belt you can have a go at all the variations  0_0

CraftyIrish

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 14:29:28 PM »
It looks great! And now you have the standard version under your belt you can have a go at all the variations  0_0
What would you recommend.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

RJR_38

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 21:53:31 PM »
Generally I make the compact accordion (which is almost identical but smaller) as that is my preferred size. Variations I have made include:

- different fastenings (turn locks, purse edges etc)
- piecing the main fabric in different ways. You can piece it however you like as long as the finished piece is the same size as pattern piece
- different materials (cotton, PU, tweed)
- change the flap shape so it is curved instead of straight
- adding a wrist strap

All look good in different ways! My personal favourite is a curved flap in tweed with a bold lining fabric.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 22:50:43 PM »
@RJR_38
Is that the last one you posted in the tweed.

Update: I have just bought the compact according wallet will try it out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 23:57:09 PM by CraftyIrish »
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 00:47:10 AM »
I love the Compact Accordion Wallet, it’s just the right size for me and when I’m feeling really brave I will have a go with my beautiful purple leather.

I’ve made several in various fabrics and I’ve just done the Flip Clutch in leather just for a change.

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »
All you girls who can make such usefull things are soooooo clever!!!

I remember being on holiday visiting Sakar and family and going for a walk round a beautiful lake high in the mountains/hills and seeing a jaw droppingly beautiful bag slung across some girls shoulders and was instantly in live, obviously handmade and gorgeous ..... I pestered HWMNBN to take a pic but he deemed it too creepy to start snapping another girls bum as she walked off!!!  -<

But I would love to have the skill to make my own handbag ... at the moment Im just using a big open Provencal rush basket.

(Please note I said HANDmade rather than HOMEmade ... why does Homemade sound less professional than Handmade ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

CraftyIrish

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 08:56:46 AM »
I love the Compact Accordion Wallet, it’s just the right size for me and when I’m feeling really brave I will have a go with my beautiful purple leather.

I’ve made several in various fabrics and I’ve just done the Flip Clutch in leather just for a change.
When you use leather do you still have to use interfacing or decovil.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Lilian

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 18:53:42 PM »
@Iminei Handmade is a word I use for anything sewn or crafted - homemade I use for jams, chutneys and baked goods  :)
Willing but not always able :)

RJR_38

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 21:41:08 PM »
When you use leather do you still have to use interfacing or decovil.

I’ve not used real leather yet - only PU. For PU, Yes to decovil for the stiffness and unless it is the very thin stretchy PU you don’t need interfacing.

One of my fave bag designers is going to be working with leather a lot more this year in her videos and sew alongs so if I find out I will let you know!

(And craftyirish yes my last tweed one was a compact accordian wallet)

RJR_38

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 21:43:46 PM »
All you girls who can make such usefull things are soooooo clever!!!

I remember being on holiday visiting Sakar and family and going for a walk round a beautiful lake high in the mountains/hills and seeing a jaw droppingly beautiful bag slung across some girls shoulders and was instantly in live, obviously handmade and gorgeous ..... I pestered HWMNBN to take a pic but he deemed it too creepy to start snapping another girls bum as she walked off!!!  -<

But I would love to have the skill to make my own handbag ... at the moment Im just using a big open Provencal rush basket.

(Please note I said HANDmade rather than HOMEmade ... why does Homemade sound less professional than Handmade ???

@Iminei     I know you think you can’t but with your patchwork skills you honestly could make a bag! What type of bag would you like? I am happy to help find a beginners pattern in that style and send you the right interfacing you would need so you don’t have to buy any for your first one. I know you have plenty of fabric... What have you got to lose?

CraftyIrish

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2021, 22:18:08 PM »
@RJR_38  hey,
On your tweed wallet I love the studs you put on it. I bought a little rivet set just before Christmas and me jumping in to fast before looking up about the different size studs and how to use them, I just bought studs that I like the look of thinking I could use them on bags but they where too big. What size do you use and do u put anything in between it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 22:30:52 PM by CraftyIrish »
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web