The Sewing Place

Spencer Ogg Patterns

Lachica

Re: Spencer Ogg Patterns
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2021, 19:19:13 PM »
Those are lovely.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Clareew

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2021, 21:52:26 PM »
I love those wallets.  I am halfway through my first Spencer Ogg pattern - the Worsley Wallet.  I hope mine comes out as well as yours.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2021, 22:07:21 PM »
I love those wallets.  I am halfway through my first Spencer Ogg pattern - the Worsley Wallet.  I hope mine comes out as well as yours.
Well that was my first ever wallet to make, now I can't stop its so much fun. Please post pics when you finish it.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

CraftyIrish

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2021, 18:50:34 PM »
Hey all.
@RJR_38 I download that notebook cover this morning. I went and bought 2 A5 notebooks at lunch time and just finished making the cover  there now but the thing is mine over laps the sides by about quarter inch to much for my liking. What width notebook did you use.
I used the decovil heavy and it was hard to turn but its not to bad looking will be buying some light when it comes into stock. I didn't have any ribbon so made one from fabric. But next time I would sew it more to the right rather than right in the middle its to bulky.
Also a tip i used a zipper foot to sew right near the interfacing.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Clareew

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »
@CraftyIrish I love that book cover - another rabbit hole to fall down I fear.  I have also started crocheting a Baby Groot having been inspired by your avatar!!!

CraftyIrish

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 11:25:50 AM »
@CraftyIrish I love that book cover - another rabbit hole to fall down I fear.  I have also started crocheting a Baby Groot having been inspired by your avatar!!!
Have you finished the wallet yet? Yeah the book cover is great but I did rip it apart last night and fixed it this morning to my liking and I'm so happy I did. I learn so much from practicing.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

RJR_38

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 18:24:29 PM »
@CraftyIrish It looks great!

There are instructions in the pattern on how to adjust the pattern for any size book so I just measured my book and adjusted the pattern as needed. Mine was a hardback book and ended up being very snug to get in (almost a little too snug) so I will add a tiny bit next time.

I just bought a 5 pack of A5 books from Amazon so have plenty left to practice with and gift...

I want to make Spencer Ogg's new pattern- the bumitty bum bag but not got the time at the moment lol
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 21:41:19 PM by RJR_38 »

CraftyIrish

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2021, 20:35:49 PM »
Yeah I fixed it and I'm making another one at the moment making it out of my uncle's old fender t-shirt.

Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

CraftyIrish

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2021, 16:26:15 PM »
Fender t-shirt into notebook cover
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Clareew

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2021, 19:34:50 PM »
I have finished my Worsley Wallet and love it.  I discovered after much trial and error that a microtex needle works best on waxed cotton fused to Decovil heavy.  I love it and would like to make a cork one next. The waxed cotton was gifted to me by @dolcevita after she had finished the Merchant and Mills Factotum.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2021, 20:25:30 PM »
@Clareew that looks amazing.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Clareew

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2021, 14:54:11 PM »
Thank you for the likes.  I have taken a photo to show how neat the flower magnet clasp is.  I bought it ages ago at a show and had to Google to find out how to get it to work - the flower part unscrews from it's base for fixing.

RJR_38

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2021, 21:58:00 PM »
@Clareew  I love it! I especially love the lock - I am always on the look out for unusual locks and zip pulls...

As for microtex needles I use them for most of my bag making now - I love them!

CraftyIrish

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 13:53:40 PM »
Downloaded spencer oggs new bag pattern two days ago.
bag pattern
I ordered all of the materials yesterday enough to make 2 bags can't wait to start it.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Ellabella

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 14:08:33 PM »
@CraftyIrish I’m trying that one tonight but want to make it out of scraps first.

I haven’t got any cotton webbing so will make a fabric handle.

I really like the bag with the webbing for a casual look so may have to invest in some.