The Sewing Place

Spencer Ogg Patterns

dolcevita

Re: Spencer Ogg Patterns
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2021, 11:32:48 AM »
Keep them out of reach, it looks like the dog thinks they're tasty! Great bags - the more of these I see, the more I like them.

Nuttywife59

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2021, 11:49:22 AM »
There safe at the moment as they haven't had any treats in them. He's locking his lips after getting stuck into his bone.

Vezelay

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2021, 17:24:35 PM »
Thought I'd try out the smaller size Amplector, all made from leftover fabric scraps, including the strap. Front pocket is woven viscose, main body linen/cotton mix from antique Next trousers, lining FQ remnants, strap woven stretch cotton, the zip is a random unwanted chunky open ended spare - most of my myriad stash zips are sadly too narrow.

It's a handy size so I'll probably use it but not over keen on that side strap design feature - for me it just looks odd, like a mistake. If I make another - the larger size could be useful too - I'd probably sew the strap in the 'normal' place. What do the other Amplector makers here think?

Also the strap doesn't need quite so much adjustment length unless I want to wear it down my thigh! I rechecked that I'd cut the right length and yes I had. Webbing would be good next time - I only have black - but it's good to deplete my scrap stash anyway.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I forgot the 1" slide release buckle and triglide came from Amazon, 18 sets, 3 different sizes for a tenner. They should see me out. :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 17:32:05 PM by Vezelay »

RJR_38

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2021, 21:24:29 PM »
It looks good! Like you I wasn’t keen on the side strap feature so will stick with the bummity bum bag I think

Vezelay

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2021, 22:19:23 PM »
Thanks @RJR_38. Glad it wasn't just me found that odd. I agree the Bummity Bum is a very useful pattern - I wear mine when I'm out and about without decent size pockets. This is it, more leftover scraps including pleather for the belt holder. If the fabric looks familiar it's already been seen on tsp as a padded gilet and several mask pouches 0_0

CraftyIrish

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2021, 22:43:14 PM »
I ordered 1 inch webbing because I had the 1 inch hardware already, but it's not big enough for my liking. So I went and ordered 2 inch cotton webbing and then found it hard to get 2 inch triglide but found one then it got lost in the post so now I have to wait for another set to come.
I wish I had a fabric shop near me that had all this stuff.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Vezelay

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2021, 08:10:35 AM »
I wish I had a fabric shop near me that had all this stuff.

Me too @CraftyIrish. You finally track down what you want then discover postage to Ireland is £15! Or wait 6 weeks for delivery from China...  :rolleyes:.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2021, 18:03:39 PM »
Finally got the last thing i was waiting on to finish my bag.

Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Ellabella

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2021, 18:49:33 PM »
Very nice @CraftyIrish ..

So satisfying when you finally get to complete a project.

Vezelay

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2021, 19:49:49 PM »
Very nice @CraftyIrish - is that the larger Amplector? That colour webbing looks useful, would you have a link for it?

CraftyIrish

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2021, 20:00:01 PM »
Yes its the larger one. The webbing is grand but kind of itchy and I have 30 meters of it now hopefully I can find something else to use it for.

webbing
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Vezelay

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2021, 20:07:12 PM »
Thanks Crafty, 30 metres hmm :thinking:

Clareew

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2021, 20:59:06 PM »
I have covered webbing with fabric for bag handles before.  That might work to stop it itching.

Kitten

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2021, 08:31:55 AM »
Hi,
I've been looking at the Amplector bag patter but it seems as though it's only one area i.e. no pockets.  Is that correct?

What I like is the strap coming from the side as then the bag will stay close to my body if I bend.  I used to have bags like this but haven't been able to find them recently.

I made two of her clutches last weekend and considering it was the first time of making such things they didn't turn out too bad - they've already been claimed anyway.  Her patterns were very good to follow.

Here's what I made
Worsey Wallet - I later added some fittings and a chain but don't have a photo of that.

Kitten

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2021, 08:34:50 AM »
This is the other one, a flip clutch.
Please don't look too closely at the stitching, I'm still getting used to a new machine as well.
My niece who nabbed it seemed happy with it.