The Sewing Place

Colourwork hat

Syrinx

Colourwork hat
« on: January 30, 2021, 09:24:06 AM »
I don't often do colourwork but I'm making a hat for someone and created a pattern for a quote to be in it and incorporated it into a cabled hat pattern I have because I thought it would look nice.

Spent a while creating quote pattern. Spent a while working out how it fit in cable pattern.

Started knitting the colourwork. Been a long time since I did colourwork and I forgot to weave in tails and floats. Only realising when I woke up this morning after the 36 rows were finished last night. The interior is a mess. I now need to unravel the 36 rows and start over.

One benefit other than neater insides will be I can give a bit more space to the quote on the back as I cabled in too close. Not awful, but if I'm unravelling I may as well use to my advantage.

I'll get pics later pre unravel so you can see my mess. Blaming complicated self created pattern and brain fog plus chatting to friends whilst knitting!

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Colourwork hat
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 15:51:28 PM »
Sounds interesting, look forward to seeing the pics.

Syrinx

Re: Colourwork hat
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 15:54:33 PM »
Finished it yesterday!

I'll get some pics up asap. Was so muchbetter tension wise once I unravelled and remembered to knit the tails and floats in.