The Sewing Place

"Trousers/Pants" February 1-28 2021

Catllar

Re: "Trousers/Pants" February 1-28 2021
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 18:11:35 PM »
I'm not doing this one - I don't think I can count making a toile of a new pattern, can I?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

mudcat

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2021, 00:49:08 AM »
I'm thinking about making SA Bob Woven Pant but I'm waffling.  I'm not sure I like the amount of ease in the size I had printed.  I'd also have to widen the hip to waist to get them up as the finished waist is about 2" less than my actual hips.  I sort of think I want to go down another size instead.  Obviously the fact the waist is smaller than my hip means it's intended to be this baggy.  But even so ....

Helen M

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 10:41:10 AM »
I'm not doing this one - I don't think I can count making a toile of a new pattern, can I?

I don't see why not @Catllar. They are trousers even if you won't be wearing them.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Catllar

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 13:05:05 PM »
Maybe. If I get the toile done then I'll put them in but if not I won't.  Sounds right?

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 17:43:40 PM »
I'm thinking about making SA Bob Woven Pant but I'm waffling.  I'm not sure I like the amount of ease in the size I had printed.  I'd also have to widen the hip to waist to get them up as the finished waist is about 2" less than my actual hips.  I sort of think I want to go down another size instead.  Obviously the fact the waist is smaller than my hip means it's intended to be this baggy.  But even so ....
@mudcat  I have the same problem - very small difference between waist and hip so I just grade out the waist. I just started a wearable toile for  a Tessuti  Tamiko pant pattern , so I cut a small to get the less baggy hip and remembered just in time I needed to adjust the waist. Still not sure if it'll go on but we'll see

Puzzler

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 08:20:06 AM »
This is my fitting issue too, one of many. The other is excess baggy-ness on the back legs.

Sewingsue

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 08:30:35 AM »
It looks as if there are a few of us with trouser fitting issues.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Starryfish

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 10:00:22 AM »
I have a swayback and a rather round bottom. This means it looks like a very odd crotch seam. I  am making some Burda wide legged trousers. The waistband is curved but not enough for me, I put it all together but it stood away from my back. The usual pinning and taking in has resulted in a better fit, not quite flat but good enough. The seams don't quite line up, so there will be a little unpicking and fudging this afternoon.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Catllar

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 11:46:01 AM »
Baggings at back of leg - could be flat bottom adjustment needed?

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 12:32:46 PM »
Sometimes a seam in the middle of the back piece can work well to deal with excess.  Think of it like a Princess seam in a dress.

Morzel

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 11:24:08 AM »
I finished my pants today sans hem. Not too content with the drag lines at the back thigh (even though TNT pattern). Needs a bit of tweaking, but I am not sure if I will finish them in time. I need to pack up my kitchen, as the old one is being removed next week for a new one. I'll be visiting my parents over a prolonged weekend, so everything has to be done by Thursday. I will take them to my parents house, maybe I'll be able to work on them on the weekend. Even if I don't get them done, the challenge has been nice as it really pushed me to sew at least the pants this month.
Eva

Catllar

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 18:18:34 PM »
I appear to have a finished pair of trousers on the ironing board! :thumbsup: Haven't tried them on a lot but they seem to fit OK as far as I can tell. 

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2021, 17:12:16 PM »
Last day of sewing today for the trousers/pants contest.
I've not managed to join in this month.

Timeframe: Construction starts on 1st February and the item must be completed by 28th February
All entries need to be uploaded with the template and at least one photo by 6th March

Template: Please submit your entries in this thread using this template

Details to include:
Your User Name and Entry Number (if entering have more than once )
What is it and for whom (if applicable)
Fabric and Pattern/instructions used (commercial or self-drafted, anything goes)
A short description on how you made it, any problems overcome etc.
Up to 4 photos (for example the starting point, fabric pattern, a progress shot and maybe 2 views of the finished article)
PLEASE INSERT PICTURES WITHIN YOUR TEXT!

Please post your entries on the thread by 6th March

toileandtrouble

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2021, 22:55:15 PM »
So many plans, so little time.  Was going to make trousers - OH, self, and a couple more very small people (Ken, April) but have run out of month.  I did spent  a few days in bed with 'flu' after my vaccination.  Glad to see some of you actually achieved something.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 01:02:19 AM »
So many plans, so little time.  Was going to make trousers - OH, self, and a couple more very small people (Ken, April) but have run out of month.  I did spent  a few days in bed with 'flu' after my vaccination.  Glad to see some of you actually achieved something.

@toileandtrouble I hear you. So much to do, so little month.

Thanks for the reminder that my reaction to the first vaccination at the beginning of February took me out for a few days. Then the sudden approval for the hip replacement for OH and the flurry of activity that created took up more time.

I really need some pants. I did make some progress. The cutting table is empty and dusted. Yes, an entire 3' x5' empty surface. My pattern is taped. I can work on the room the machine is in tomorrow and plan on extracting it then.

Maybe sewing by the end of next week?
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.