The Sewing Place

I've just bought a new machine!!!

Nevis5

Re: I've just bought a new machine!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2021, 12:33:01 PM »
Ooh fantastic, @Greybird  !!  Have fun playing with it (when you get time!) xx :thumbsup:

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 12:48:02 PM »
I havent used either of mine ... I had one with the Splurge .... and The Splurgess has got an automatic  foot-hover setting thing??!!

What IS it called ??
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

maliw

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2021, 14:01:21 PM »
Enjoy your machine @Greybird . Have your Emerald serviced and keep as a spare, I have 2 machines and alternate so neither feels left out.
I have knee lifts with both my machines and sometimes I find myself using it when it isn't even attached but yes it can be very useful.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Greybird

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2021, 14:32:28 PM »
Thank you @maliw ! I had been feeling that I was somehow betraying my Emerald. I have loved it for so long that the thought of selling it was making me feel uneasy. I think I will keep it!

Lilian

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2021, 16:25:53 PM »
I havent used either of mine ... I had one with the Splurge .... and The Splurgess has got an automatic  foot-hover setting thing??!!

What IS it called ??

Floating foot  :laughing:
Willing but not always able :)

William

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 16:04:36 PM »
Hello-

Congrats!  :thumbsup: Many happy yards!!

WDH
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Greybird

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 23:25:30 PM »
Thank you @William . I'm very pleased with the machine. It seems to have solved all my difficulties with the curtains. I had intended selling my Emerald but have changed my mind. A lot of the fittings (can't think of the right word!) on the new one - needle plate, threading arrangement etc - are identical to those on the Emerald so I had hoped to use some of the clip on feet on the Elna. However, it has a strange arrangement whereby the feet do not just clip in, the foot comes down and grabs them and the little bar is thinner on the Elna feet. I don't think I can get, for instance, a double
piping foot for it. I have decided to get the Emerald serviced when I can and keep it.