The Sewing Place

Calico Laine

Surest1tch

Calico Laine
« on: February 03, 2021, 11:35:23 AM »
Has anyone used Calio Laine for online fabrics? I'd appreciate any feedback please  <3

Acorn

Re: Calico Laine
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 12:05:10 PM »
I've never used them for mail order, but I have shopped at both of their stores, especially the warehouse one, and like them very much. 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewingj

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 12:11:42 PM »
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 13:43:04 PM by sewingj »

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »
Another fan here although I only bought chiffon from them last year (for lining face masks). I've never had anything from them that wasn't good quality.

They were a staple for me when I first started making dancewear, I loved their well organised sample card sent with every request, too many places (including Trim-It I regret to say) often sent out scruffy scraps without any reference or fabric information stapled or fixed in any way. They have a very good range overall and I too have bought a lot of their anti-stat lining fabrics for ballroom underskirts.

My SIL lives near Chester so I've managed to get to their Neston store a couple of times when we didn't scoot straight up to Lancashire.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 15:02:19 PM »
Another visitor here, to both shops. They keep good quality fabrics. I've been going there for 15 years+ before they opened Neston. I would recommend them. I've also used online since the pandemic with no  problems.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

So Chic

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 16:37:38 PM »
Like Acorn I’ve only used the shops but have been very happy with the fabric I bought.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 21:18:32 PM »
Great stuff, thank you all. I only wanted some fleece fabric but couldn't find the colour I want to line a gilet until I had a look on their site. They had the exact colour I want, just got to wait for it to arrive and that'll be another UFO out of the way.

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 11:07:37 AM »
UPDATE
I've never had service as good as this supplier has given me. This morning they rang me to say there isn't enough left of the quantity of fabric I wanted but they'd got a colour very similar to the one I originally wanted, did I still want it.
I'm really impressed with them, the other suppliers I've used in the past haven't gone to this trouble, I've just been given a refund.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 11:54:49 AM »
That's very good to know!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 15:38:57 PM »
Only bought from them once. Some 18 wale cord because reading the description it said the gsm was 275 gsm. When it arrived it was like tissue paper, the whole piece (3 metres) only weighed 175 grams and they never replied to my emails and the review i wrote never appeared so not sure i would use them again.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 12:46:14 PM »
I've only tried to use them once, too @sewmuchmore  , my order never got fulfilled and when I queried it, they said the fabric wasn't in stock any more.  They weren't particularly helpful, so I voted with my feet.