sewingj

Ikea Skarsta table anyone?
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:59:07 AM »
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:39:15 AM by sewingj »

Kad

Re: Ikea Skarsta table anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 11:44:32 AM »
@sewingj
I have the smaller Skarsta table and now that I've reoccupied the spare room, I'm going to get the larger one too. I'll use the smaller one for my embroidery machine and the other for the sewing machine and overlocker. I've had no problems with stability, (DH says that I sew like a thing possessed wrt speed  :angel:) and provided that the table top is cleared before moving, it'll move easily enough across carpet in order to use as a cutting table.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

sewingj

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 12:22:56 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:53:02 AM by sewingj »

Kad

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 13:51:06 PM »
@sewingj
The current table has a white top upon white legs, the larger table that I would like is unavailable in this combination atm, but I don't think that the beige top would cause any problems esp. I've been sewing at the dining room table for the past 4 1/2 years and that's been ok. I'd order the table combination when it becomes available and get it delivered if it weren't for the £40 delivery charge  :scream: So I'm waiting for the store to open  :'(
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

sewingj

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 14:02:17 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:52:30 AM by sewingj »

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »
I have the Bekant... best thing I’ve ever bought. I use it to cut out  and to sew..I put the big Pfaff and the Babylock overlocker on it at the same time ... no problems with stability.

Sara-S

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 10:36:00 AM »
I took a look at the Skarsta.  It doesn't fit my space, but I can see what a person would like. It comes in a couple of sizes and looks easy to set to just the height you want.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 20:53:35 PM by Sara-S »
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Celia

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
Just spotted this thread, I am thinking about another table but if I do I want it to double as a kitchen table when necessary  would either of these work ok @Efemera do you think the electric one is worth the extra, unfortunately I can’t get to see them so will probably have to order on line if I decide to go that way.