The Sewing Place

Pfaff QE 4.2

annieeg

Pfaff QE 4.2
« on: February 14, 2021, 17:05:03 PM »
Now I've spent some hours using this machine  :sew: I thought I should make some positive observations about it...

The sensormatic buttonhole foot is really smooth and easy to use  IMO it's a clever feature. :thumbsup:

Stitch no 2 (believe this is the triple stretch straight stitch) makes a very impressive top stitch  :thumbsup:

It's fast  0_0

toileandtrouble

Re: Pfaff QE 4.2
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 18:22:00 PM »
Just so @annieeg !  I like mine, although I wish they had given me the option of lowering the foot by hand.  But - be careful where you use that triple stitch. It's a right so and so to unpick.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

WendyW

Re: Pfaff QE 4.2
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 19:44:14 PM »

The sensormatic buttonhole foot is really smooth and easy to use  IMO it's a clever feature. :thumbsup:

It's fast  0_0

I've had the opposite experience with the buttonhole foot, or maybe it's more that one issue I have with the machine in general also interferes with the buttonholes. My machine HATES any change in thickness. Not a big deal with quilting and its thin cottons, but with clothing and needing to cross other bulky seams, it balks. Big time. The long buttonhole foot means that it senses those perpendicular seams even when the buttonhole itself will not cross it. The fabric bogs down, and does not advance as it should, which messes up the stitching, and affects the consistency of reproduction of the buttonholes. Several times I have been tempted to purchase a machine related to the older Viking I had that made gorgeous 4-step buttonholes, but I have 2 hand-me-down machines in my future that need to be tested out before I spend money on yet another one.

I agree that it is a fast machine! Unfortunately it causes so much vibration in my table that I can't see what its doing, so I have to keep to a slower pace. I need to get a vibration mat,  but my table is already too high for comfort, and I have a new sewing room in my further with new furniture, so I just keep the slower pace for now.