The Sewing Place

style arc Jules Tunic

annieeg

style arc Jules Tunic
« on: February 17, 2021, 15:41:50 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  Just finished this (made from £2 pr metre viscose from Immanuels via FB). 
I think it was @Lowena who introduced us to this pattern (but I could be wrong so feel free to correct me so the credit can go the right person).   It went together really well and was a pretty quick make.  I'll definitely make it again, as its a nice fit without being oversized.   :sew: :sew: :sew:
Forgive my poor memory - sorry @Acorn credit goes to you :|
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 16:07:16 PM by annieeg »

Acorn

Re: style arc Jules Tunic
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 15:43:39 PM »
I think it was me - Lowena doesn't make clothes.  I was wearing one of mine this morning.   :thumbsup:

Pic?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 16:02:15 PM »
 :laughing: :laughing:

I think @Lowena may need a lie down at the thought of making clothing.

I was inspired by @Acorn and have made one but got my buttonhole placement somewhat array and now have to consider it a design feature.

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 16:21:49 PM »
You're not wrong there @Ellabella  :faints:
Nice tunic  @annieeg  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Happymrsg

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 17:12:52 PM »
That's lovely.
I really love this pattern & want to make it but I'm afraid of buttonholes!

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 17:19:28 PM »
Psst - I made my first version from cheap polycotton, buttonholes and all - no problem.  I made my second one from a lovely viscose, which fought me every inch of the way.  When I got to the final stages, as I knew I would never need to undo the buttons, I didn't do buttonholes - I just stitched the buttons on through both layers.  Nobody has noticed yet!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 17:30:30 PM »
@Acorn thst idea has moved the Jules a lot nearer the top of the pile. Genius!

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 18:37:28 PM »
Psst - I made my first version from cheap polycotton, buttonholes and all - no problem.  I made my second one from a lovely viscose, which fought me every inch of the way.  When I got to the final stages, as I knew I would never need to undo the buttons, I didn't do buttonholes - I just stitched the buttons on through both layers.  Nobody has noticed yet!
Great idea!  There's certainly enough space around the neckline to make this a pull on top.

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 22:44:55 PM »
Nice tunic! :D
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 12:46:39 PM »
That's lovely, @annieg !  I hadn't notice the Jules tunic before now.  The fabric is very pretty, although it would look terrible on me with my sallow colouring.  Enjoy wearing it xx

SkoutSews

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 14:14:40 PM »
I like your Jules tunic, @annieeg, the fabric is fresh and pretty, a real bargain!

As said before @Ellabella, it doesn't need functional buttons, dead easy to pull on without undoing them. I made one just before Christmas. It got worn on Christmas day, but I'm waiting for warmer weather to get it out again.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 18:35:52 PM »
Lovely, i have looked at this pattern before and wondered if it would lengthen to knee length?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet