The Sewing Place

Sewing Machines Direct (SMD)

KayK

Sewing Machines Direct (SMD)
« on: February 17, 2021, 18:05:15 PM »
Sewing Machines Direct get a big thumbs up for me - I like to do a lot of free motion embroidery, and am very heavy on the thread - I have used Simthread before, and was quite happy with its performance and price.  I saw SMD were selling it, so I ordered 7 various reels online yesterday afternoon, and couldn't believe they arrived in the post the morning!

I might just have to order some more.........(£1.39 for 1000m reels) whereas 1000m of 'Glide' thread is £4 per reel!  Have used both and not much to choose between them (apart from price!!)
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Mr Twingo

Re: Sewing Machines Direct (SMD)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 20:46:25 PM »
Agreed, SMD is a lovely company to deal with. Excellent customer service from knowledgeable staff.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 21:10:25 PM »
More agreement from me.  I bought my overlocker from them and they were really lovely.  Efficient too, which is good!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 22:37:42 PM »
SMD get a thumbs up from me too, I bought my overlocker from them.  Very happy.
Willing but not always able :)

Greybird

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 22:58:37 PM »
And I mentioned my recent excellent experience with them on my new machine machine thread.

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 12:44:28 PM »
I'm another one who bought my overlocker through SMD.  Great service, and great product  :loveit:

maliw

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 12:54:29 PM »
They also sell knitting wool.
Great place, service and lovely staff. I can't recommend highly enough.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula