The Sewing Place

New Sewing Table

Gernella

Re: New Sewing Table
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 12:06:01 PM »
Oh  dear @Sara-S   Envy is a terrible affliction   :laughing: Looks great. Glad  the teddies have got a spot.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sara-S

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 12:10:33 PM »
Now if I could just get them to give me back the chair.... :laughing:
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Elnnina

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 15:09:07 PM »
Your cabinet/table looks lovely.  Now depending on the central cupboard, if you have what I have a deeper cupboard one side and a shallow one the other side, if there is a shelf in the shallower one, you can remove this and store bales of fabric in there - just stand them up on the ends - it is surprising just how many you can get in.  I was lucky and was given a whole pile of cardboard  bale boards that fabric had been wrapped on, and thus if your fabric does not come on a cardboard bale, then I just wind fabric on - especially if I have washed and ironed this and want to keep if free from folded creases.

Now enjoy using your new table.

Sara-S

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 15:36:43 PM »
You are right about the cabinet having a deep & shallow side.  The deep side has my thread storage boxes & some other frequently-used items.  So far, the shallow side has my jelly rolls & spool/bobbin covers.  Still figuring out what will fit where.

As my home is small, so is my fabric stash, so I really don’t need to put that much fabric in it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 18:33:11 PM by Sara-S »

Sara-S

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 20:24:54 PM »
I have been making steady progress on the purses for the Purse Project. This is my first real project, since I got the new table. It’s such a pleasure to work on a wooden table! Plus it still has that new furniture smell.