The Sewing Place

You can have too many bags!

Aunty Stitches

You can have too many bags!
« on: January 24, 2021, 19:56:18 PM »
I got into bag making initially to have something I could embellish with embroidery, appliqué etc. I progressed from converting jeans to using patterns, then got hooked.

I have made loads, supplied myself, my friends and friends of friends. I take commissions as it challenges me to move outside my comfort zone. I have used different hardware, zippers, foam wadding and interfacing and quite a few indie designer patterns.

I had just started to assemble a collection big enough for a stall at our local country fair when lockdown started. Now they are packed in boxes gathering dust. I don’t want to start a business, or open a business account, so I guess I am stuck with them for now.

It means I don’t want to make any more. I don’t need a bag to stay at home. So sad.☹️  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

fajita

Re: You can have too many bags!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 22:56:20 PM »
What a lovely collection.

Once this ‘episode’ is over, the fairs will start up again. People will be wanting new stuff. You’ll be there, raring to go!

Sheilago

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »
Oh, what a lovely collection. Have you thought about selling online on EBay? You don’t have to auction them, you could just put them up for a ‘buy it now’ price and see what happens. If they’re not sold you’ve still got them for craft sales when they start again.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 11:48:39 AM »
Oh my fabulous collection.  I was also going to suggest selling online, something like Etsy?

RJR_38

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 02:50:19 AM »
Beautiful bags! Like you I am hooked on bag making. I don’t have enough time to sew as many as you but I can still shop (oops) so I have lots of lovely hardware, zips and fabrics for bags (that are too nice to use haha). The craft fairs will come back...

In the mean time could you make some storage bags (eg By Annie place for everything) as that would test your skills, be useful and it is a bag you don’t need to go out to use!

William

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 18:56:20 PM »
Hello-

Too...Many...Bags...

I didnt know those words could go in the same sentance in English...

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Sara-S

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 11:59:57 AM »
I didn't think "too many bags" was any more possible than "too much jewelry".  But as to your wonderful stash of bags, I agree that eBay could be the answer, if you want to see them now.  If not, as others have said, keep them clean, dust-free & away from light (so they do not fade) until you can sell them at a fair.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.