The Sewing Place

Style arc Becky Joga pant pattern

annieeg

Style arc Becky Joga pant pattern
« on: February 25, 2021, 16:14:50 PM »
I want to make these pants but the length is SOOO long - my inside leg is 27" and the pattern finished length is 31.5".  I think shortening them up by that much will really make them look odd.
Has any one made this pattern up?  If so, do they think the length adjustment would work?
TIA
annie

Helen M

Re: Style arc Becky Joga pant pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 16:35:50 PM »
I haven't made this pattern up but they look very similar to the Linda in the leg shape which I have made.

I am 5'1" and have shortened the Linda and the Barb + a couple of others without a problem. I would probably do 2 adjustments, 1 above the knee and the other below, but check your knee height to get the right proportion. It sounds more complicated than it is in reality.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

Kad

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 16:40:40 PM »
What a wonderful problem to have! ( I'd have to add another 4.5" minimum) 0_0

Seriously, don't chop the excess all off the bottom of the leg pattern. If the pattern shows the position of the knee or if the trousers are bootleg style, split the adjustment according to your hip - knee and knee - ankle measurements.

Still think that it's not a problem that I'll be ever likely to have.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 07:27:55 AM »
Yes. I made a pair for the activewear challenge. I shortened them at the knee and the length was spot on for me. I am 5’2” at most (haven’t checked my height recently but I know I will shrink as I age).

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 10:16:34 AM »
Yes. I made a pair for the activewear challenge. I shortened them at the knee and the length was spot on for me. I am 5’2” at most (haven’t checked my height recently but I know I will shrink as I age).
Thanks to everybody for their help.
@Puzzler I am 5'1" so it looks like shortening at the knee is the way to go :thumbsup:
I just need to find fabric ....
 :thinking:

Puzzler

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 10:28:54 AM »
I used this. https://frumble.co.uk/collections/dressmaking-fabrics/products/fit-knit-sport-technical-leggings-jersey-navy
Sold out in navy but I believe they sell other colours. You might not be seeking a tech fabric but the pattern is quite snug on the legs so requires a 2-way stretch fabric.