The Sewing Place

Sleeveless top for Mum

Diane

Sleeveless top for Mum
« on: February 26, 2021, 16:08:14 PM »
Well i've just finished this sleeveless top for mum for Mothers day, knitted in King Cole 4ply and i must say what lovely soft wool to knit with, bought a second lot in the bluebell shade, not sure what i'll be knitting yet but it will get used.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Next project is this chunky jacket, thought it would be nice for the autumn and those chilly evenings, i'm using King Cole Chunky tints in the woodland shade. The back is complete and halfway up the left front so far.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Ohsewsimple

Re: Sleeveless top for Mum
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 16:16:14 PM »
Very nice. Lucky mum. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 16:33:59 PM »
That's a very chunky chunky! 

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 16:34:50 PM »
Wow lovely. I'm always in awe of you knitters! I can only sew..  :laughing:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Diane

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 16:43:06 PM »
That's a very chunky chunky!

Your right, just checked and it’s super chunky
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 17:40:19 PM »
Your mum will be delighted with that top - it's beautifully knitted. :loveit:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Diane

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 18:33:15 PM »
Wow lovely. I'm always in awe of you knitters! I can only sew..  :laughing:

Why don't you give it a try  :) I'm not an experienced knitter by a long shot, i grope my way through patterns and tend to only do easy ones, although i am getting a bit more adventurous. My husband wants me to knit him a Lebowski cardigan  :scream: it's giving me sweats just looking at it.

fajita

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 19:15:15 PM »
Starsky and Hutch

Diane

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 20:45:04 PM »
Starsky and Hutch

Oh gosh that's really funny, i'll tell him that and maybe he won't want me to knit it  :laughing: