The Sewing Place

Another Whittaker

sewmuchmore

Another Whittaker
« on: February 27, 2021, 17:42:24 PM »
I am so glad that this was not the first one i made as i have had endless problems with it, considering my first one was a dream to make this one nearly went in the bin.
I have unpicked the side seams about 4 times as i just could not get them to stay strait , I kept getting a bulge along the pocket, in the end i lapped the seam slightly and put a few hand stitches in to secure. Plus there was too much fabric across the upper chest and i got gaping armholes so ended up taking in the excess by putting in a dart and making a feature by topstitching. Then it looks as if the topstitching is pulling a tad tight as i have wrinkles along the back seam.
 The first one  i made was a quite stiff denim but this is a prewashed denim and i think it has probably stretched  a little during the making. Oh well, it's not as if it is for anything special.
To top it off i managed to sew through my finger nail.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Another Whittaker
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 19:16:19 PM »
Ouch!  Good job it was only your nail! 

Lemon Syllabub

Re: Another Whittaker
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 15:33:42 PM »
OOOhhh! You were lucky. That could have been really painful.

I didn't know what a Whittaker was so I did a google search and came up with this!
https://www.whitakerschocolates.com/

Clearly I missed off a t!

I hope you manage to salvage your pinafore.... perhaps some Whitakers chocolates might help?