The Sewing Place

The Cheap Shop

sewmuchmore

The Cheap Shop
« on: March 02, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »
I have just received a parcel of cotton jersey from here. I am very pleased with the fabric, excellent quality and at 225gsm will make very nice t shirts.
I emailed on Saturday re the weight and they responded the same day, ordered on Sunday, posted second class yesterday and arrived 8.30 this morning, that what i call service.
The site is not the easiest to navigate and they do have an eBay shop but i find the prices are cheaper on their own site.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

maliw

Re: The Cheap Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 11:40:37 AM »
I've had several orders from them since lockdown and haven't been disappointed with anything. I must say that I've used ebay.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Flobear

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:43:22 AM »
I'm not very experienced with jersey yet and, although I know what a 225gsm piece of paper/card should be like, I don't know about fabrics.

I'm sure someone has a handy guide they can point me to - please?
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 12:19:03 PM »

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 18:28:41 PM by sewingj »

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 14:09:39 PM »
I'm not very experienced with jersey yet and, although I know what a 225gsm piece of paper/card should be like, I don't know about fabrics.

I'm sure someone has a handy guide they can point me to - please?

Not sure if you can view this page if you are not signed in to the site.
https://sewing.patternreview.com/review/review/4155

If you google image 'pattern weight chart' you get plenty. There's even one for knit weight fabrics.

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 14:25:29 PM »
I've not used them during the pandemic but I've never been disappointed with fabric quality or service previously. Hate the name but like the rest!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 16:20:17 PM »
Some really nice fabrics there, if it wasn't for all the hooha going on with my mum at the moment I think it more than likely I'd be adding more to my already too overloaded stash  :|

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 16:46:41 PM »
More temptation! Now that Driessenstoffen can't work out how to send stuff to the UK I've gone a bit mad on Rainbow Fabrics and now, Pound a Metre shop, so get thee behind me  :devil:  :devil: !!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde