The Sewing Place

Midsomer Quilting's Man Made Exhibition

Iminei

Midsomer Quilting's Man Made Exhibition
« on: March 07, 2021, 13:35:24 PM »
LINKY

Heres a link to the Midsomer Quiltings Man Made exhibition held last year which I attended with Puzzler. They have made a video to show all of the quilts ... You can enlarge the video to fill the screen but there doesnt seem to be any sound...

ENJOY!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

Re: Midsomer Quilting's Man Made Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 19:28:20 PM »
Wow some awesome quilts there!  Better without sound I think  :)
Willing but not always able :)

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 00:02:56 AM »
Yes WOW!

The two that really impressed me were 74 and 88 by Peter Hayward - based on Vasarely designs.  They must have been FPP to get the varying sizes so well.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 08:45:24 AM »
Yes - they are incredible.

I was thinking a few days ago that we have quite a few men around here, but none of them quilt (as far as I know) - although we are grooming @TartanPaint of course.   :devil:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

TartanPaint

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 08:56:56 AM »
@Iminei

Wasn't this a program on the telly years ago with John Nettles? Tiny little village but everyone who lived there had massive houses, no visible means of income and were busy murdering each other to death. His friends we boring but his wife was nice.

Very nice quilts, though. My impetus has stalled somewhat lately. With the restrictions being lifted slowly but surely I'm getting hammered with meetings and projects. Don't be mad at me. I'll get back to abusing fabric soon.  :)

@Acorn

Glad some of you are finally acknowledging the part you're all too keenly taking in my ongoing bankruptcy. Just this morning I went to check my balance and I only had money for one more machine.... :laughing:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 09:02:32 AM by TartanPaint »
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 09:33:07 AM »
Oooh - which one are you getting?   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 21:07:16 PM »
There are some amazing quilts there and what a huge emporium.
Life's too short for ironing.

Sewcycle

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 08:07:48 AM »
Thanks for that @Iminei. There were some lovely quilts there and it’s been such a while since I’ve had the opportunity to go around a quilt exhibition. The video was a very peaceful watch too.
'Is there a life before breakfast'

maliw

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
Thanks for the link @Iminei, some really good stuff, inspiring. I passed the link onto a quilting friend and she enjoyed it too, I missed not being able to go to Quiltfest this year although there was something online so this made up for it.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula