The Sewing Place

Aren't we quiet!

Catllar

Aren't we quiet!
« on: March 07, 2021, 14:43:00 PM »
Would normally be buried under metres and metres of frills but not happening again this year. Instead I've been asked by a dress shop to magic some scarves, infinity and other, some cushion covers , scrunchies and some simple t-shirts - Got free rein. Enjoying muchly!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Efemera

Re: Aren't we quiet!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 15:25:35 PM »
I’ve lost my sew-jo lately...

fajita

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 16:03:03 PM »
I’ve just been playing on my emb. Machine. Sewed out this little beauty, but have no actual plan to use it for anything. Had fun though.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 16:04:43 PM »
Yes it is a bit.  I haven’t been in my sewing room for at least 2 weeks I think.  Last thing I made was the blue bag. 

I have been doing some crochet instead and enjoying it.  But if we are allowed out to the caravan soon I might make  some new trousers or more tops and cardigans just to have something new to wear.  Well p, I don’t really need short sleeved tops as I have loads but I could do with some more long sleeved ones I think. 

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 16:15:53 PM »
I’ve lost my sew-jo lately...

I have too. :( Have been sorting out stuff in the sewing room this weekend and generally tidying up. Maybe after I've washed down the skirting boards and the rest of the paint work I may feel a bit more in the sewing mood. I can't sew when everything is a mess.......
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

BriarRose

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 16:54:20 PM »
My big foray into sewing this week was putting a casing and drawstring into ski pants for my grandson. My vacation starts in a couple of weeks and I have several writing deadlines to meet before I leave. If I finish them now, I might have time to sew new reenactment costumes when I get home.
It's just fabric. We can out-think it.

BrendaP

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 18:43:04 PM »
Prompted by this thread  I cut out a cardi and got the stencilling done before my hospital visit with a view to having something to sew during convalescence without needing to sit at the machine.

It's reverse applique all over (using the Chanin sleaves stencil and acrylic paint) and so far I have done all the outline stitching and cut away most of the insides of the leaves.  I have also knitted two pairs of socks in the last fortnight.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 19:18:51 PM »
I've been taking in a couple of pairs of trousers - boring but should at least make them wearable. Then I found a coat lurking in my sewing room. I started this coat... ahem... 8 years ago. It is a Victorian  style coat (Demented Fairy made a version for her missus a while back). I did all sorts of fancy things with silk and so on and I completely finished the outer part of the coat. So why didn't I finish it?? I appear to have all the bits for the lining so I'm going to do it next. It does look a bit like the kind of thing Lady Bracknell might wear in The Importance of Being Earnest so I expect to make a grand entrance when I'm wearing it. 'A handbag?''
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 22:23:13 PM »
@Tamnymore you simply must post photos when the coat is finished! I  adore that sort of costumey clothing.

With no performances or dance or theater groups doing anything it's no wonder you ladies are quiet @Catllar .
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 13:14:46 PM »
Early on in lockdown, I made up for lost time, and sewed and knit all sorts.

Just feeling a bit jaded now, and need somewhere to wear all my nice things - if they would fit!  They seem to have shrunk in the wardrobe...

Going in search of the lost mojo now, I looked last week, but couldn't find it anywhere!  :S

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 19:47:35 PM »

Going in search of the lost mojo now, I looked last week, but couldn't find it anywhere!  :S

Jessie

Did you look behind the fridge?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

charley

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 20:39:17 PM »
I don't make any dancing costume things, but I have made a few little bags to hold small Easter chocolates/goodies. Excuse messy ironing board.

Lilian

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 21:48:52 PM »
Very nice, lovely colours   :)
Willing but not always able :)

BriarRose

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2021, 22:52:57 PM »
Those are pretty @charley. I like the wrap.
It's just fabric. We can out-think it.

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 03:21:26 AM »
Maybe DD1 will let her loving mother make her something for her graduation performance in 2022.  I don't care if it's black lycra bootie shorts - I just want to make something for the stage.
Stashbusting 2022
Goal:  50 meters
Total:  32.5 meters