The Sewing Place

Summer dresses - share what you make/made

Catllar

Re: Summer dresses - share what you make/made
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2017, 15:12:37 PM »
Love the giant gingham - avoids the school dress look, takes it to another, more adult, level.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Efemera

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2017, 18:52:42 PM »
Two toiles and it's ready to go.....how hard can it be to get a good fitting basic bodice!

Manuela

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2017, 11:38:21 AM »
I finished another dress with the collar from Vogue 1515. The fabric is textured and partly see through, hence I lined it with Bermber rayon lining.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 23:02:41 PM by Manuela »

Emma2109

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2017, 16:43:39 PM »
Manuela - I am in awe at your speed at making these dresses and I love your attention to detail x

Catllar

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2017, 18:22:14 PM »
I've started a shirt dress from black broderie anglaise. Impossible to photograph - can see nothing. Humph! >:)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BajaSusana

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2017, 19:40:01 PM »
My entry into the Pattern Review Sewing with Lace contest.
A Lutterloh slip dress with an animal print lace Tee dress from Pamela's Patterns.
https://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/136905 If you are a PR member your comments and when the time comes your VOYES are welcome.

Vegegrow

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2017, 21:29:47 PM »
I finished another dress with the collar from Vogue 1515. The fabric is textured and partly see through, hence I lined it with Bermber rayon lining.

Ok Manuela now I'm seriously getting concerned about the size of your wardrobe... and jealous about the contents.
Do you operate a one in one out system with these amazing frocks
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Efemera

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2017, 21:33:21 PM »
That's a lovely top BS....will vote over on PR

Manuela

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2017, 23:11:10 PM »
BajaSusana great oufit  :loveit:

Vegegrow no need to worry  ;) Since I decided to chop my hair and go grey 3 years ago, I've been busy with a complete overhaul of my entire closet. I had long black hair before, hence my colouring changed completely. Then came the job change earlier this year, and my wardrobe needs changed as well, no need for 'corporate uniforms'. I actually enjoy the process, and love the idea of being able to 'dress in the dark' - having to get up at 5am when Mr Manuela is still sound asleep, it makes sense.
And.... I need to have another wardrobe in Thaland  :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:35:03 AM by Manuela »

jen

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »
Lovely dresses Manuela, I'm envious of your fabric opportunities. Like many others, I used to get silk from a seller in Hong Kong who has now retired. I pulled out a beautiful cornflower blue length of silk velvet bought from him a few years back and noticed that I only paid £7 a metre. Your check dress has given me an idea for a woven check silk, it's very effective and shows off the fabric beautifully.

Manuela

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2017, 10:39:04 AM »
Jen, good quality silk isn't cheap here either. That said, one of my students found a 2 yard length of 'grown up' pink silk sateen for £ 2.- at the Hawker's Bazaar   :)
I love the fact that they go fabric shopping on their own now. She started working on a summer dress today   :loveit:

Manuela

« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2017, 01:30:51 AM »
I finished another dress using a cotton sateen remnant I bought last year on sale from EmmaOneSock. I love the rather large scale print, it amlost screams: "It's summer!"  ;)
Collar and neck-hole:Vogue 9112
Pattern: my heavily amended version of Vogue 8772
Next up a shirt dress in striped rayon crinkle...

Stitches

« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2017, 07:04:05 AM »
My New dress I manged to squeeze in between orders .its a polyseter crepe .

Manuela

« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2017, 11:25:49 AM »
Beautiful fabric, it hides the details though. The front looks very interesting, do you have a line drawing of the pattern.  :)

Vegegrow

« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
Manuela... what a fabulous print  the yellow looks really summery... I've never worn yellow .. wrong skin tone
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz