The Sewing Place

Summer dresses - share what you make/made

Manuela

Re: Summer dresses - share what you make/made
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2017, 13:41:05 PM »
Manuela... what a fabulous print  the yellow looks really summery... I've never worn yellow .. wrong skin tone

Nowadays, I can only wear yellow when it is part of a print. The black, white and grey made it wearable for me. On the upside, pastel colours look good on me now, before I went grey they looked ridiculous on me.

Catllar

« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2017, 14:06:24 PM »
Manuela... what a fabulous print  the yellow looks really summery... I've never worn yellow .. wrong skin tone

I'm told there is a yellow for everybody - just have to find the correct shade. I avoid bright green- yellows I'm better with soft buttery yellow, but to be fair I don't wear it a lot in real life.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Stitches

« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2017, 15:06:44 PM »
 Manuela wrote
   Beautiful fabric, it hides the details though. The front looks very interesting, do you have a line drawing of the pattern.
Its a princess seam dress I used my dress block so I dont have any line drawings

Efemera

« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2017, 21:01:49 PM »
It's done....just need some summer to wear it.. I think the newly finished rain coat is more appropriate

wrenkins

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »
Beautiful fabric, it hides the details though. The front looks very interesting, do you have a line drawing of the pattern.  :)
That's really pretty Stitches. I too was peering at your front  :| trying to figure out the detail. I love the fabric.
Oh how I wish I could make garments.   :(
Manuela....stunning as always. That is my style of dress; I'll send you my very peculiar measurements and give you a real challenge!  0_0  :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Manuela

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2017, 14:22:40 PM »
It's done....just need some summer to wear it.. I think the newly finished rain coat is more appropriate

Cute dress, come over to Hong Kong - it's hot and humid here, more summer than you'd wish for  :devil:

Fabric Lover

« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2017, 14:49:30 PM »
All lovely dresses here - I think mm next make will be a summer dress but it is all finished!!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Emma2109

« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2017, 00:20:29 AM »
I made this for my gorgeous and quirky best friend for her birthday....first attempt at sleeves...not my favourite thing to do, much prefer putting a zip in  -<

I got the fabric from Aliexpress...very pleased with it x

wrenkins

« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2017, 06:04:23 AM »
Ha! Love that. I've looked at flamingo fabric so many times and can't find an excuse to buy it. I will!  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Manuela

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2017, 15:53:46 PM »
I made another shirt dress playing with stripes. The fabric is a rayon crinkle that feels like a breeze when worn, I wore it all day today and it felt sooooooo comfortable in the heat.
Button plackets incorporated into a center front pleat are my new favourite thing  ;)
I've tried to upload pictures several times, but can't seem to post a reply when doing that today. Hope to do that at some point later.

Edited to add pictures. Yay it finally worked
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 00:20:28 AM by Manuela »

Catllar

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2017, 18:12:33 PM »
So do you remember my panels of stretch cotton sateen? I fiddled about with a maxi dress and decided I don't need any more so I made this" M6699. I altered it a bit in that I cut the skirt panels a bit more A-line to avoid cutting in to the panel overmuch, I moved the zipper to the side to avoid a back seam for same reason, got rid of the now superfluous kick pleat and ditched the pockets.  I found a teeny tiny bit of blue stretch sateen left from another job to make some piping but only had enough for the front.

The panel is from The Textile Centre.

Been a good girl and put this in the Gallery as well. Would like to know why the bloody things are always sideways when they come onto the post!?!?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 18:19:33 PM by Catllar »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Manuela

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2017, 14:51:08 PM »
I had to make a pink dress (will probably do some more  :devil:) to go with my mew pair of pink Cheshire Cat shoes - some things just have to be done  ;)
The fabric is an ombre print cotton, used on the cross grain as the panels were too short as a dress otherwise. I lined it with pink Bemberg lining to make sure it's opaque.

BajaSusana

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2017, 20:44:25 PM »
Manuela! Love the shoes, love the dress! i once bought shoes and made a dress to go with a Venetian glass bracelet that I received as a gift!
I just  finished this Lutterloh dress. I feel wonderful in it. Everyone says I look adorable in it, but this photo doesn't seem to convey the same image!

Just to show that I do have a shape, I made this Pamela's Patterns Tank, same bra, same day same photographer!

Vegegrow

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2017, 20:53:21 PM »
Love the dress and shoes Manuela never seen Cheshire cat shoes before... :D
BajaSusana I prefer the neckline on the tshirt... perhaps its because it sits a fraction higher on the shoulder than the dress
but you should be pleased with both of them  :*
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Acorn

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2017, 21:00:06 PM »
The dress is lovely... but the tank is making you smile!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.