The Sewing Place

Worst tutorial EVER

Sewingsue

Re: Worst tutorial EVER
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 10:00:46 AM »
I think I will skip this one. But I do understand your point about frustrating YouTube "How-to" vids.  Anyone can make one and many are pure torture, with bad instructions and presenters who ramble or have poor speaking habits (e.g. saying "um"every other word.).
Anyone can does not mean everyone should.
'I am young and enthusiastic' does not mean 'I know what I am talking about'.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Esme866

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 11:35:40 AM »
With my background in interior design, I've obviously looked at something recently that had Youtube's algorithms suddenly dump enormous mountains of "decorating genius'" vids into my feed. One was so bad, a young girl, I finally told her she needed to learn more about what she was talking about as she was giving out bad, irresponsible advice. After that I deleted all of it from my feeds - except for 1 professional designer.

I once worked on a 5000 sq ft public usage building design being built in a remote area, where no licensed architect was required. The person that brought me in on it had personally made a "design decision" that  he was mentally deranged with ecstasy over,  that I can guarantee you if built, would have killed or permanently crippled someone. I then found out the idiot intended to not pay me because someone else I worked for owed him money. I dumped him, called the owner of the Corporation he worked for, got paid, and waited until construction was underway to visit the jobsite - in case the owner needed to be made aware of any problems. Fortunately most of my work was used.

The older I get, the less I find myself able to suffer fools.

I've yet to do my first quilting project, but even I figured out on my own the batting will need to be butt joined on my first project.

Has anyone else seen the drunk/stoned Youtuber showing people how to wind their "bobbers" and how to load their "bobbers" into their machines with her disgusting nasty fingernails after telling everyone in the "introduction" that she had told others to "f" off when she had been asked for such a basic video? People were actually thanking her in the comments! I think she had 6000+ followers.

The state of humanity is starting to scare me, seriously.

rubywishes

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 05:47:42 AM »
Just......"no"
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

WendyW

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 14:17:04 PM »

The state of humanity is starting to scare me, seriously.

I'm right there with you on this statement!