The Sewing Place

Difference...

Efemera

Difference...
« on: March 17, 2021, 16:10:19 PM »
The same but different...
The pink one is stitched using the fashion discs on a 348 and the blue is using the same discs on a 306k. The 306k seems to have a wider stitch capability than the 348. The 306k was much smoother and quieter but  the blue 348 is much prettier!
Having trouble with both foot controls getting very hot.

LeilaMay

Re: Difference...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 17:16:12 PM »
Nice!
Foot controller getting hot - these are vintage foot controllers I'm guessing? They need looking at I should think. I'll ask my OH (who does the electrical stuff on my machines) what needs doing if you'd like? It's a 'thing' I just can't remember what LOL

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 20:26:01 PM »
Nice!
Foot controller getting hot - these are vintage foot controllers I'm guessing? They need looking at I should think. I'll ask my OH (who does the electrical stuff on my machines) what needs doing if you'd like? It's a 'thing' I just can't remember what LOL

Any advice would be great @LeilaMay

LeilaMay

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 21:12:44 PM »
It's probably a wiring  or adjustment issue, and you should have it looked at. -  That was his advice :)

There's a video from the Featherweight Shop about foot pedals, but there were different types of Singer pedals so this might not help.

https://singer-featherweight.com/blogs/schoolhouse/foot-pedal-controller-adjustment

Lace

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 13:18:29 PM »
Efemera it might be capacitors but my experience only goes as far as a 221K. Do you belong to Vintage Singer Sewing Machines UK on FB? Lots of information there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 16:27:14 PM by Lace »
Formerly at The Sewing Forum. Singer 12K, two 28Ks, 66K, 99K, four 201Ks, 221K, two drawing room cabinets, and Bernina Sport. All dating from 1891 to 1981.

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 15:32:39 PM »
Efemera it might be capacitors but my experience only goes as far as a 221K. Do you belong to Vintage Singer Sewing Machines UK on FB? Lots of information there. The Admin has sewlincs.co.uk and a postal repair service.  I've been let down lately by local shops who aren't experienced with old machines.

Yes...I’ve messaged Dave on FB and he’s sorting me out.